District Sales Manager (Federal/Defence/Central)
Palo Alto Networks Australia
Job Type: Full time
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
As a member of our sales leadership team, you will build and drive regional major account sales teams to exceed company objectives while growing your region according to plan. You’ll be responsible for building a high-performance sales culture that delivers results in bookings, sales development, and forecast accuracy while simultaneously mentoring and developing your team members to accomplish individual and organizational goals. It will be required that you track sales activity, provide sales projects, and create and analyze metrics.
A challenge inspires you, rather than intimidates you, and you aren’t afraid of setting accelerated goals to drive you to succeed. More than that, you are motivated by empowering our clients to meet their cybersecurity needs and you are driven with an encompassing passion for solutions selling. You’re not afraid of addressing the critical challenges they are facing within digital transactions – and really, you thrive on the pressure.
- Responsible for building and developing a team of quota carrying and lead generation sales professionals
- Own and drive revenue outcomes within the assigned region, territories, and/or district, exceeding personal and team sales quotas and goals
- Review weekly forecast and business outcomes with representatives and sales leaders
- Coach, develop, and mentor representatives to success in all aspects of the sales cycle: lead generation, qualification, forecasting, and closing opportunities, while using our channel/partner network
- Build sales analysis for insight into weekly, monthly and quarterly execution and strategies
- Attend weekly regional forecast and management calls to provide Inside Sales perspective
- Work closely with other District Sales Managers on crafting business strategy to accomplish company goals
- Required to stay knowledgeable and up-to-date on product roadmap, industry changes, and competitive landscapes
- Develop multi-year strategy for federal and defence customers in Australia
- Enterprise sales experience and management experience: experience managing enterprise sales teams
- Networking or network security industries strongly preferred
- Experience with channel and partner sales models
- Consistently achieved sales goals through your leadership and personal goals
- Able to learn new technology quickly, as well as adapt to changing needs
- Hired, developed and retained successful sales talent
- Deep understanding of enterprise sales methodology that you can translate and coach others in
- Built strong cross-functional relationships across clients, partners, and internal teams
- Previous practice in Salesforce.com
- 25% quarterly travel within region
Our sales team members work hand-in-hand with large organizations around the world to keep their digital environments protected. We educate, inspire, and empower our potential clients in their journey to security.
As part of our sales team, you are empowered with unmatched systems and tools, constantly updated research and sales libraries, and a team built on joint success. You won’t find someone at Palo Alto Networks that isn’t committed to your success – with everyone pitching in to assist when it comes to solutions selling, learning, and development. As a member of our sales team, you are motivated by a solutions-focused sales environment and find fulfillment in working with clients to resolve incredibly complex cyberthreats.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.