Senior Payroll Officer
Pitcher Partners Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
A role at Pitcher Partners is more than a job. It’s a calling; an opportunity to grow; flexibility to enjoy your personal commitments; and recognition in a supportive community.
Pitcher Partners’ aspires to be the leading accounting, audit and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that enables you to perform at your best. Here, you’ll be encouraged to carve out a role that works for you, and be rewarded for your contribution to shared successes.
Your new role
The Payroll function form part of our internal Finance and Operational team. They are skilled professionals who offer a range of internal services and focus on ensuring all staff have the necessary infrastructure and support to operate efficiently in the delivery of services to our clients.
As our Payroll Manager, you will work alongside an existing payroll team of 3 to ensure 800 people are paid monthly. Responsibilities will include;
- Processing new starters and leavers
- Processing staff leave and expense claims
- Creating payroll and super payments
- Assisting with processing timesheets
- Assisting with month and year end reporting
- Maintaining integrity of all payroll and super information on relevant databases
- Managing payroll inbox and answering staff queries
What you bring
At least 3 - 5 years of end-to-end payroll experience, ideally within a professional services business, you are now looking for a new challenge.
You enjoy working both autonomously and within a team environment and can juggle competing priorities to ensure work is completed on time and accurately.
You will easily be able to communicate and build professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
You are tech savvy and confident to challenge the status quo and identify ways to increase efficiencies. Chris21 experience is highly regarded but not essential.
Why we’re the right fit for you
Pitcher Partners’ client base includes well-known international brands, family run businesses, government bodies and not-for-profit organisations, across a range of industries. You will work closely with clients to drive value, results and innovation, and benefit from:
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Strong opportunities for career progression;
- Regular technical training and innovative professional development;
- 14 weeks paid parental leave accessible after 6 months;
- Close interaction with partners across the firm;
- Purchased leave program;
- A supportive social environment; and
- Opportunities to participate in community-focused projects.
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
Click here to learn more about what its like to work at Pitcher Partners Melbourne.
In line with public health advice, interviews may be conducted virtually, and the successful candidate may commence working from home.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners.
While we appreciate the role recruitment agencies play in our recruitment strategy, unsolicited CV’s will not be considered at this time.