Manager/Senior Consultant, Data Engineering
Pitcher Partners Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
A role at Pitcher Partners is more than a job. It’s a calling; an opportunity to grow; flexibility to enjoy your personal commitments; and recognition in a supportive community.
Pitcher Partners’ aspires to be the leading accounting, audit and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that enables you to perform at your best. Here, you’ll be encouraged to carve out a role that works for you, and be rewarded for your contribution to shared successes.
Your new role
Pitcher Partners has established a Data and Analytics service offering for its clients so that they can be more insights/data driven. Over the past three years, a high calibre team with strong experience across Data Architecture, Business Intelligence and Data Science/Analytics has been created.
To help progress this transformation and complete the build of the leadership team, we are now looking for a Manager/Senior Consultant of Data Engineering to drive the development of data and information strategies for our clients. Specifically, we are looking for a subject matter expert to help our clients by designing, developing, and delivering the most suitable data architecture solutions which meets current, emerging, and future needs.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Evaluating the current information management and technology architecture for our clients (identifying gaps and opportunities)
- Assisting clients in the development of data warehouse/data lake strategies to enable them to unlock insights
- Leading and developing a team of data engineers and data visualisation (BI) consultants
- Translating technical requirements to a broad audience that includes technical and non-technical individuals
- Collaborating with our digital team on transformation projects
- Interacting with existing clients and internal practice areas to identify opportunities where data & analytics can be used to create a competitive advantage or to address a business challenge
- Analysing and recommending best approach to untangle large and complex datasets into analysis and reporting ready format
- Managing multiple projects with conflicting deadlines and building rapport to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders
What you bring
You will have at least 3 years’ experience leading a cross functional team for data-based solution delivery.
You are degree qualified within Information Systems, Data Analytics or IT.
You will have a comprehensive knowledge of waterfall and agile delivery frameworks.
As well as strong knowledge within Data Architecture/Data Engineering, you will have the ability to manage clients and deliver projects.
Why we’re the right fit for you
Pitcher Partners’ client base includes well-known international brands, family run businesses, government bodies and not-for-profit organisations, across a range of industries. You will work closely with clients to drive value, results and innovation, and benefit from:
- Flexible working arrangements
- Strong opportunities for career progression
- Regular technical training and innovative professional development
- 14 weeks paid parental leave accessible after 6 months
- Close interaction with partners across the firm
- Purchased leave program
- A supportive social environment
- Opportunities to participate in community-focused projects
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
Click here to learn more about what its like to work at Pitcher Partners Melbourne.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners.
While we appreciate the role recruitment agencies play in our recruitment strategy, unsolicited CV’s will not be considered at this time.