Procurement Analyst - Analytics and Governance
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Job Type: Full time
CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy own and operate the electricity distribution networks servicing 1.9 million customers located across 65% of Victoria. These customers include large numbers of households as well as commercial and industrial businesses, world class arts, health and sporting precincts, popular tourism regions and the biggest infrastructure projects in Victoria.
We provide reliable, safe and affordable electricity and our businesses are independently rated as the best in the country for their efficiency. Sustaining this is all the more critical and challenging as greater electrification of homes, fleets and industries becomes a core strategy for reducing carbon emissions and addressing climate change.
About the Role:
We currently have an exciting permanent opportunity for an experienced Procurement Analyst to join our analytics and governance team.
Supporting the broader Procurement and Commercial Real Estate team, this role will be essential in providing detailed spend analysis, opportunity identification, financial modelling and metric reporting. This position will also be responsible for monitoring company compliance to our procurement policies and maintaining/enhancing our detailed spend and supplier performance reporting suite.
The ideal person this role will have a passion for continuous improvement, particularly when it comes to the delivery of procurement projects. In addition, this candidate will have highly developed analytical, reporting, business writing and problem-solving experience skills.
This role can be based in any Powercor office/depot across Melbourne and Reginal Victoria.
What you’ll deliver:
- Provide various financial modelling and category spend reports to the broader team when required
- Apply continuous process improvement principles to existing operational processes
- Design and deliver training programs for the business when implementing process changes
- Contribute to the research, development and implementation of strategic and operational procurement policies and procedures
- Prepare executive spend dashboard, SRM dashboard, and other key reports for management as required to ensure targets are being met
- Prepare and analyse reports on current and forecasted expenditures associated with specific contracts
To succeed in the role you’ll have:
- Proven experience in working with and summarising complex data sets
- Demonstrated process development and design capabilities
- Process documentation knowledge, along with the facilitation of End User training
- Understanding of supply chain and procurement principles
- Expert level proficiency using MS Office suite of packages (especially Access, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Tertiary qualification in commerce, business, finance or IT (preferred)
- Project management knowledge and skills (desirable)
- Previous experience with providing systems support services (desirable)
Your career with us:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our people are our most important asset, and we continually invest in nurturing their capability.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every box, or would like to discuss a different or flexible way of working, please still get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Please submit your application via our careers website by 4 October 2022. For the full Position Description, reach out to Luke Castro from the Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applications from all communities; people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment process to accommodate your needs, please don’t hesitate to discuss these with us.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business