Warehouse and Distribution Team Leader
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Job Type: Full time
CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy own and operate the electricity distribution networks servicing 1.9 million customers located across 65% of Victoria. These customers include large numbers of households as well as commercial and industrial businesses, world class arts, health and sporting precincts, popular tourism regions and the biggest infrastructure projects in Victoria.
We provide reliable, safe and affordable electricity and our businesses are independently rated as the best in the country for their efficiency. Sustaining this is all the more critical and challenging as greater electrification of homes, fleets and industries becomes a core strategy for reducing carbon emissions and addressing climate change.
Increasingly, our networks are connecting new large-scale renewable energy generators and integrating technologies like solar, batteries and electric vehicles as customers change the way they generate, use, store and share power. This demand is transforming the electricity market faster than any change we’ve ever seen before. As a result, our people are at the frontline in developing and implementing innovative technologies and solutions necessary for the future of our industry not only in Victoria but globally.
We value inclusive leadership and teams and celebrate the results of succeeding together.
About the role:
This role is responsible to lead and support Supply Chain Field Officers for the provision of warehousing and distribution functions at Field Distribution Centres. The Team Leader will also manage and resource Field Distribution Centres (both Manned and Unmanned) in replenishment of materials for Local Service Agents.
What you’ll deliver:
- Provide leadership and direction to group on all people and operational issues
- Develop and implement strategies that will improve individual and team performance, including the identification of system improvement opportunities and development of innovative solutions
- Provide oversight for supply chain and logistics operations (warehouse and distribution, depot material stock, returns, data integrity) across field distribution centres, and ensure that materials are managed in accordance with PNS policy and procedures
- Manage field distribution centres (FDC) operations including resource and inventory to achieve target service levels
- Implement and ensure compliance to HSE standards as set by company, client and statutory policies Investigate and report incidents
- Ensure consistent supply chain practices are undertaken
- Contribute to a culture that is focused on workplace continuous improvement through identifying and supporting improvement initiatives and opportunities
To succeed in the role you’ll have:
- Demonstrated experience in supervising warehousing operations
- Previous work experience in a management/leadership role within an operations environment
- Working knowledge of supply chain and logistics practices
- Good communication, and stakeholder engagement skills
- Sound knowledge of SAP WMS
Your career with us:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our people are our most important asset, and we continually invest in nurturing their capability.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every box, or would like to discuss a different or flexible way of working, please still get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Please submit your application via our careers website by 1 December 2022. For the full Position Description, reach out to us via the email above.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business