Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Job Type: Full time
CitiPower and Powercor Australia are electricity distributors and supply power to more than one million Victorians. We own and manage the technology - poles, wires, meters, and distributed technologies such as storage - that deliver electricity to homes and businesses within Melbourne’s CBD, its suburbs and across central and western Victoria.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all of our people feel respected, valued and supported to be the best they can be.
About the Role:
We currently have an opportunity for a Lineworker to join our team based at our Cobram depot.
As a Lineworker, you will carry out all functions associated with construction, maintenance, metering, servicing, fault and emergency restoration of CitiPower/Powercors electricity distribution system. These positions will also be required to undertake switching on the LV network.
Lineworkers are expected to meet company’s customer service objectives of providing a safe, reliable, timely and cost-effective supply of electricity and associated services.
To qualify you will possess a strong Health and Safety culture and hold a current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Note – Incumbents may be required to undertake availability duties.
For all candidates, you must comply with the following and submit copies of the compulsory documents in order to progress through to the next stage and be taken into consideration. Your application will not progress if the below documents are not submitted at the time of application.
- Qualification of a Certificate III in ESI – Power Systems – Distribution Overhead or previous equivalent (mandatory)
- ESI Worker (compulsory for Victoria based candidates, no requirement to attach evidence as information is already included in ESI Worker) including VESI Rigging
- ESV licence as a Lineworker or meet the eligibility criteria to apply (mandatory)
- Heavy Vehicle Licence - HR (mandatory)
- Switching training / authority (optional)
- Interstate applicants, please attach evidence of Qualification, Statement of Attainment, High Risk Licences and Construction Induction Card to your application including VESI Rigging
Medical: Employment will be subject to the candidate successfully completing a pre-employment medical examination (which includes hearing test, colour blindness and physical examination) and relevant drug and alcohol test, to assess fitness for work.
Reference checks, qualification checks (ESI Worker) as well as Entitlement to Work in Australia check will also be undertaken before an offer of appointment will be made.
Driver History: In the final stages of recruitment candidates will be expected to furnish a current, complete driving history report from VicRoads or equivalent government agency.
Your career with CitiPower and Powercor:
When you join our business, your work-life balance and career development are high priorities. We place emphasis on your development through diverse training programs, leadership courses and internal opportunities.
Some of our benefits:
- Exposure to industry leading practices within a strong and stable company
- A great incentives package including an annual performance bonus, health and fitness subsidy, salary packaging options and much more….
- A supportive team culture
Please submit your application by 1 December 2022