AMI Data Agent
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Job Type: Full time
CitiPower, Powercor and United Energy own and operate the electricity distribution networks servicing 1.9 million customers located across 65% of Victoria. These customers include large numbers of households as well as commercial and industrial businesses, world class arts, health and sporting precincts, popular tourism regions and the biggest infrastructure projects in Victoria.
We provide reliable, safe and affordable electricity and our businesses are independently rated as the best in the country for their efficiency. Sustaining this is all the more critical and challenging as greater electrification of homes, fleets and industries becomes a core strategy for reducing carbon emissions and addressing climate change.
Increasingly, our networks are connecting new large-scale renewable energy generators and integrating technologies like solar, batteries and electric vehicles as customers change the way they generate, use, store and share power. This demand is transforming the electricity market faster than any change we’ve ever seen before. As a result, our people are at the frontline in developing and implementing innovative technologies and solutions necessary for the future of our industry not only in Victoria but globally.
We value inclusive leadership and teams and celebrate the results of succeeding together.
But our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety - ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
About the Role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an analytically minded and driven customer service orientated individual to join our Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) data team.
Reporting to the AMI Data Team Lead, this AMI Data Agent role will be based at our Melbourne CBD office, with options to work from home as well.
This role is responsible for ensuring functions related to data from our smart meters on our network is processed and actioned in accordance with our shareholder, regulatory and customer expectations. In addition, this role will play a key part of ensuring the integrity of this data by ensuring it is maintained for use by various business and market systems when required.
The ideal person this role will have a passion for seeking opportunities for continuous improvement and have a proven track record in adapting to rapid process and system change. In addition, this candidate will have highly developed data analysis and problem-solving experience skills.
What you’ll deliver:
- Demonstrated ability to analyse and resolve issues relating to the efficient & effective processing of meter data and market transactions to ensure on time collection, validation and provision of data to the market and for billing
- Identify trends and root causes of Type 5 & Legacy Type 6 standing & meter data exceptions and substitution that impact on compliance, measured MDP performance, network billing and retailer disputes
- Ability to write test cases and perform regression testing related to process improvement, regulatory change and system upgrades
- Actively participate and identify in the continuous improvement opportunities to enable the efficient dispatch of market and meter data to the relevant participants when needed
- Possess and maintain a thorough understanding of rules and procedures as it relates to the collection and provision of Type 5 & Legacy Type 6 meter data
- Take responsibility and participate in preparation and execution of internal and external audits
- Provide quality customer service and interface with internal and external stakeholders (such as retailers, AEMO and customers) to negotiate and resolve customer enquiries
To succeed in the role you’ll have:
- Previous Meter Data Provider (MDP) or (National Energy Market (NEM) experience (back office)
- Experience in Microsoft Office – particularly competent with MS Excel and Access
- Experience in handling customer service enquiries and escalations
- Working knowledge of IT systems such as MTS, IEE, CIS OV, UIQ, FCS, including MSATS and associated end to end processes and procedures
- Knowledge of the regulations relating to Business to Business (B2B) processes, Meter Data Accreditation and MSATS procedures and in particular Metrology & Service Level Procedures
- Excellent understanding of end to end meter to market process
- VCE or higher qualification (preferred)
Your career with us:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our people are our most important asset, and we continually invest in nurturing their capability.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every box, or would like to discuss a different or flexible way of working, please still get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application via our careers website by 4 December 2022. For the full Position Description, reach out to Luke Castro from the Talent Team at email@example.com
We encourage applications from all communities; people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment process to accommodate your needs, please don’t hesitate to discuss these with us.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business