Project Procurement Manager
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Job Type: Full time
Beon is a company of dedicated professionals committed to future-focused energy solutions with a heritage in safety and reliability. We bring technical expertise and agility to provide energy solutions from every angle for; renewable energy, utility and infrastructure, commercial and industrial projects across Australia.
About the role:
The purpose of the Project Procurement Manager is to manage and lead end to end project procurement and purchasing activities for allocated Energy Solutions (ES) projects, ensuring all project requirements are met with respect to governance, time, cost, quality, and other metrics as appropriate. This includes strategic sourcing and analysis, supporting bids and tenders with cost and lead time inputs, supplier and stakeholder relationship management and development, order placement and acceptance/receipting of goods.
What you’ll deliver:
- Manage review meetings with key project stakeholders to report and review project procurement activities.
- Ensure healthy working relationships are established and maintained with all key stakeholders to enable successful delivery of ES projects.
- Manage the Sourcing process for all Beon ES project procurement engagements. Adopt appropriate mitigating actions where tight timeframes are required with Suppliers.
- Identify, develop and implement processes that deliver an enhanced Beon ES Strategic Sourcing process and Supplier Relationship Management plans for those suppliers who support Beon ES project work on a continual process.
- End to end project management of key project deliverables & equipment through tender stage, contract execution, design, development, manufacture & commissioning.
- Manage tendering process for the relevant project and coordinate efforts with project team support functions and provide direction to ES Procurement Specialist.
- Provide day to day support and management to assigned project team for project procurement activities.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams
To succeed in the role you’ll have:
- Extensive experience in a similar role managing end to end procurement of major equipment and services.
- Detailed knowledge of end-to-end project procurement process is mandatory
- Knowledge of Electrical and civil construction methodology and integration of this into procurement activities for project lifecycle.
- Establishment and maintenance of relationships with clients and stakeholder over the course of the project lifecycle.
- Longstanding commitment to ensuring safety standards and procedures are communicated and followed throughout the project lifecycle projects.
- Tertiary qualification in Supply Chain, Logistics or Engineering or demonstrated relevant experience in a similar role
Your career with us:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our people are our most important asset, and we continually invest in nurturing their capability.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every box, or would like to discuss a different or flexible way of working, please still get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Please submit your application via our careers website by 11 December 2022. For the full Position Description, reach out to Luke Castro from the Talent Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applications from all communities; people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability.
If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment process to accommodate your needs, please don’t hesitate to discuss these with us.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business