Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Location: Mount Waverley
Job Type: Full time
About United Energy:
United Energy distribute electricity to more than 660,000 customers across east and south-east Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula, about 90% of our customers are residential. We own and manage the technology, which includes a network of 204,000 poles and over 13,000 kilometres of wires. All day, every day we’re working for our customers, bringing energy into your homes and businesses to keep your world running the way you want it to.
About the Role:
We have an exciting and rare opportunity for a Network Coordinator to join the our Network Control and Operations team.
The Network Coordinator is responsible for the efficient and safe operational planning, control and coordination functions on the United Energy Electricity network in a 24 x 7 and Availability Roster working environment located at our Head Office in Mount Waverley.
This critical role facilitates safe access to the network, taking into account safety, operational factors, standards, system dynamics and resources. In addition the role is responsible for the monitoring, recording and planning network access and events.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate, manage and dispatch planned and unplanned switching activities including field crew response to facilitate safe access and incident response to our electricity network, for sub-transmission, distribution and low voltage network.
- Effectively use computer based systems to plan and monitor the network ensuring system reliability, quality and high level of customer service are achieved
- Take ownership and monitor the electrical networks. Monitor and action abnormal network scenarios, by recording issues, setting priorities and coordinating with resources to ensure follow up is undertaken and network is returned to normal.
- Plan switching activities on the electricity networks to facilitate safe access to the networks, in consideration of customer requirements, business requirements, operational constraints and operational standards
This role requires a unique set of skills and experience, including:
- Certificate of Technology (Electrical), Certificate IV Electrical, Associate Diploma Electrical Engineering, equivalent Tertiary based qualifications or appropriate Network experience.
- Solid experience working on a HV electrical network in a technical role, preferably in an operational capacity would be an advantage
- Working knowledge of the operation of Sub transmission, Distribution HV & LV Networks
- Knowledge and understanding of construction, maintenance and testing activities associated with an electrical network including protection and control schemes
- Experience working in Faults Management, Field/ Zone Substation, and solid understanding of SCADA and Outage Management System would be an advantage
- Excellent organisation skills and a logical and clear approach to decision making
- A firm, decisive manner and the ability to remain calm and disciplined during emergency events
- Ability to think laterally in relation to operational matters, and to multi task whilst under pressure
- The ability to adapt to and embrace new technology within both field and NCC environments
Your career with United Energy:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our people are our most important asset, and we continually invest in nurturing their capability.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
If this sounds like the role you can excel in and you are looking to join a high performing, successful and well regarded team, please submit your application by 6 February 2023.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business