Network Coordination Manager
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Location: Mount Waverley
Job Type: Full time
We’re a team that cares about you and your community. United Energy (UE) is an essential service, supplying reliable, safe and affordable electricity across the east and south-east of Melbourne and the Mornington Peninsula, vital for our customers and a clean energy future.
In designing and delivering these services, our people are united by a real sense of purpose to empower customer choices in ways that are important for our communities and the environment. Using advanced analytics, knowledge built through years of practical expertise, partnerships with leading researchers, and the courage to experiment, our people are proud to be disruptive influencers amongst the electricity industry.
Increasingly, our networks are connecting new large-scale renewable energy generators and integrating technologies like solar, batteries and electric vehicles as customers change the way they generate, use, store and share power. This demand is transforming the electricity market faster than any change we’ve ever seen before. As a result, our people are at the frontline in developing and implementing innovative technologies and solutions necessary for the future of our industry not only in Victoria but globally.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Network Control and Operations you will be a member of Network Control Centre (NCC) leadership team, accountable for managing the centralised control and 24/7 monitoring of the United Energy distribution network. The role includes leading a team of 20 highly specialised network coordinators who utilise a sophisticated network management system, SCADA and other operational technology to control the distribution system and coordinate field resources to safely operate the network.
What you’ll deliver:
- Coordination of network switching to ensure safe and efficient restoration of customers following major network events
- Oversight of network switching for planned outages to support maintenance, customer works and network augmentation projects
- 24/7 monitoring of the state of the UE distribution network and ensure that the business escalates appropriately
- Maintaining accurate operational records for system events involving planned and unplanned outages as well as the accuracy of the Distribution Management System (DMS) network model
- Maximising reliability incentive schemes through efficient prioritisation of fault response and system enhancements
- Support and develop systems and processes in preparation for escalation events including load shedding, minimum demand, TFB days and weather events
- Continuous improvement of systems and processes to reduce complexity and minimise the risk of human error
- Managing incident investigations, monitoring of frequency rates, and driving operational improvements to improve safety and reduce incidents
- Develop and implement plans that build team morale, employee engagement and generate commitment to and understanding of company vision and strategy
- Manage the operational interface with other industry participants including other Distribution Network Service Providers and upstream Transmission Network Service Provider
- Ensure compliance with all related regulations
You are an innovative leader, with an innate ability to create inclusive environments that are conducive to high performance and collaboration. You have a vision and passion for setting teams up for success and provide strong leadership, coaching and strategic direction to the Network Coordination team. You have a strong strategic mindset, identifying regulatory, industry and consumer trends and developing systems, processes and skills to prepare for evolving network challenges.
To succeed in this role, you’ll have:
- Tertiary qualifications (graduate/post-graduate) in a related discipline (e.g. Technical, engineering, commerce/business)
- Very good working knowledge of the operation of Sub transmission, Distribution HV & LV Networks
- Excellent relationship building skills to work pragmatically and collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical, reporting, business writing and problem-solving skills to assess strategy, tactics and plans to achieve commercial performance
- A track record in mentoring and leading teams to deliver great work, including driving efficiency and improvements
- Experience in problem solving, business/commercial analytics, project delivery and communication in a complex environment
- Ability to work independently, prioritise works, problem solve and make decisions in a pressurised environment
- A commitment to health & safety of staff, contractors and the public and demonstrated ability to manage incident investigations and execute controls to eliminate risk of recurrence
- Attention to detail, closing the loop in communications by storing information and completing documentation
- Knowledge of the computer applications utilized within the Network Control Centre environment including being up to date with the latest operational technology
Your career with us:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our people are our most important asset, and we continually invest in nurturing their capability.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
Please submit your application via our career’s website by 7 February 2023.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business