Team Lead Data Analytics
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Location: Mount Waverley
Job Type: Full time
We’re a team that cares about you and your community. United Energy is an essential service, supplying reliable, safe and affordable electricity vital for our customers and a clean energy future.
In designing and delivering these services, our people are united by a real sense of purpose to empower customer choices in ways that are important for our communities and the environment. Using advanced analytics, knowledge built through years of practical expertise, partnerships with leading researchers, and the courage to experiment, our people are proud to be disruptive influencers amongst the electricity industry.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking an experienced Data Analytics professional to join our Network Analytics team in a Team Lead role, working across the United Energy, CitiPower and Powercor distribution networks in a full-time permanent capacity, based at our Mount Waverley head office.
Reporting to the Network Analytics Manager, the Team Lead Data Analytics role will be responsible for providing technical guidance and support to the broader Network Analytics team and the design and developments of analytical use cases, applications, tools, dashboards and reports to better improve the network reliability and management.
You will join a high performing team, with the enormous opportunity to solve complex data problems, utilise state of the art analytics tools, demonstrate your ability to meet challenges head-on, often making the perceived impossible, possible.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about new technologies and have an innovative and solution orientated mindset, with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills. This candidate will also have well developed statistical modelling skills and highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
What you will deliver:
- Develop and maintain Data Analytics Hand Book / Best Practice guidelines
- Provide Technical guidance to team in regards to best practices around Data Analytics, Dashboards, reports and applications
- Ensure Team is working on analytics, dashboards, reports and applications as prioritised by the business to ensure scheduled deliverables are being met
- Ensure use cases developed meet the Data Model, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence best practice
- Supervise or develop a Proof of Concept application, dashboards and reports and prove that the proposed use case will work
- Develop and Productionise the use case to ensure a successful transition of all developed applications, dashboard and reports to BAU support
- Provide Subject matter expert guidance (database level) across all Dashboards, Metering, Asset and Network automation related systems.
To succeed in this role you’ll have:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer/Data Science
- Good working knowledge of SQL databases and programming
- Understanding of Supportable, Debugable, Production quality code
- Understanding of application automation, Release lifecycle knowledge and Code control methodologies
- Good working knowledge of BI tool sets and dashboard writing
- Good understanding of GIS Systems (Preference of Smallworld)
- Good understanding of Asset management Systems (Preference of SAP)
- Experience in Tableau/dashboard software and experience with using dashboards and reports to improve business outcomes
- Experience with Python programming
- Machine and Artificial Intelligence experience
- Experience in the utilities sector
Your career with us:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our people are our most important asset, and we continually invest in nurturing their capability.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
Please submit your application via our careers website by 7 February 2023.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business