Electrical Plant Maintenance Engineer
Beon, CitiPower, Powercor & United Energy
Job Type: Full time
We’re a team that cares about you and your community. CitiPower and Powercor Australia is an essential service, supplying reliable, safe and affordable electricity vital for our customers and a clean energy future.
In designing and delivering these services, our people are united by a real sense of purpose to empower customer choices in ways that are important for our communities and the environment. Using advanced analytics, knowledge built through years of practical expertise, partnerships with leading researchers, and the courage to experiment, our people are proud to be disruptive influencers amongst the electricity industry.
About the Role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced engineer to join our Electrical Plant Maintenance team based at either of our Ardeer, Burnley or Ballarat Depots in a full time and permanent role.
Reporting to the Manager Electrical Plant Maintenance, this role is responsible for coordinating the delivery of electrical plant maintenance programs within CitiPower and Powercor networks. This role facilitates the effective delivery of maintenance in compliance with Electricity Networks policies and strategies on zone and distribution substation assets as well as electrical plant equipment on the distribution network.
This role also provides engineering analysis of all plant maintenance diagnostic and condition assessment data and will provide technical support and guidance to work groups during system fault investigations, plant breakdowns and maintenance projects.
What you’ll deliver:
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the Maintenance works programs in accordance with standards and policies
- Provide support (data and/or technical expertise) to the Works Program Delivery team, field resources and other related key stakeholders during maintenance works, system faults and defect investigations
- Write and review work instructions and forms to meet policy requirements for field resources
- Apply risk-based decision making and complete risk assessments to support the maintenance program.
- Develop and prepare annual work programs and associated contracts for issue to service providers
- Produce incident and plant failure reports as required
- Pro-actively pursue and implement innovation in relation to products, services, processes, practices, and procedures.
To succeed in this role you’ll have:
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree with experience especially relating to electric power systems
- Demonstrated ability to apply program and project management principles in an electrical sub-transmission and distribution environment
- Substantial experience in electrical plant maintenance, testing and construction of zone substation plant, regulators and ACR’s
- A demonstrated ability to solve technical problems hands-on with innovative methods and technology
- Knowledge and understanding of electrical distribution policies and procedures as related to the maintenance of zone substations and distribution assets
The successful candidate will be required to hold, or be capable of gaining (within a set period of time), registration with a Victorian Business Licensing Authority as a Professional Engineer in the field of Electrical Engineering.
Your career with us:
We have a diversity of teams across our business, all contributing to great customer and community outcomes. Our people are our most important asset, and we continually invest in nurturing their capability.
We proudly strive to provide a safe, inclusive and sustainable environment where all our people feel respected, valued and supported to bring their whole selves to work and be the best they can be.
With an embedded Inclusion & Diversity Strategy and initiatives like our Women in Power networking group, and Sparkle, our LGBTIQ+ allies pride network, we’re committed to equal opportunities for all employees.
We are proud to be recognised as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for all women. Click here to check out our benefits. https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/powercor/benefits
Our greatest priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of our people and the communities we operate within. This includes their physical safety – ensuring everyone gets home safely everyday – as well as their psychological safety, by ensuring everyone has the resources and support needed to achieve a work-life balance and be the best they can be.
Please submit your application via our careers website by 10 February 2023.
OUR VALUES: Live safely, Be Customer and Community Minded, Succeed Together, Be The Best You Can Be, Improve Our Business