Team Leader Telecommunications Systems Design
Job Type: Full time
Powerlink Queensland is a leading provider of high voltage electricity transmission network services and plays a central role in connecting Queenslanders to a new energy future. As part of this, we are planning and delivering a large number of major projects, including renewable energy developments, across Queensland.
Powerlink Queensland is looking for a supportive and respected leader of a team of telecommunication professionals to provide fit for purpose solutions and services in the planning and delivery of Telecommunications design projects.
To support our critical telecommunications project portfolio, Powerlink Queensland is looking for a dynamic and proven Team Leader to provide direction and support to a team of Telecommunication Design Professionals.
This is a career opportunity, to establish yourself as a team leader telecommunications and successfully plan and deliver our telecommunications design projects.
About the role
- Provide through the telecommunications systems design team and external resources, telecommunications systems design services for Powerlink.
- Monitor designer output (internal and outsourced) in terms of cost, time and quality
- Resource planning and coordination, internal and outsourced
- Lead the telecommunications systems design team including task assignment, performance monitoring, review, coaching, teamwork and training
- With support from SME's, stakeholders and the team solve technical problems and ensure successful design, project and strategic outcomes.
- You have lead successful telecommunications design teams in the design of complex, telecommunications systems and networks, on time and budget
- You have managed customers and stakeholders upstream and downstream to deliver business critical project design and commercial outcomes.
- You have built a high- performing, design delivery team as a collaborative, supportive and engaging team leader, focussed on achieving results.
- You are able to achieve a balance between technical and commercial outcomes, delivering complex telecommunication design solutions in support of our projects
- You demonstrate knowledge and experience in telecommunication design management, preferably in the electricity Industry
- Degree level qualifications in Electrical, Telecommunications Engineering or Information Technology relevant to the position supported by demonstrated leadership experience in telecommunications design for complex large scale infrastructure projects
This is a great career opportunity to further your people leadership skills and lead the achievement of real business outcomes in a dynamic design team environment. If you believe you meet the above requirements and can achieve strong commercial and delivery outcomes for our telecommunications design teams please apply.
Applications close at Midnight Sunday 2 October. A merit based selection process will be conducted following your application to select successful applicants. Please monitor your e-mail regarding communication on progress of your application.
For further information about this opportunity contact Powerlink’s recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of electricity transmission services, delivering safe, cost effective and reliable solutions. Our purpose is to connect Queenslanders to a world-class energy future, providing electricity to five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses.
Our people strategy focuses on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
An attractive work environment with a friendly and social culture, including free secure on-site parking, a sponsored cafeteria and gym. We offer flexible working arrangements to suit your personal and family needs, an attractive market based remuneration package and several other membership benefits. Come and work with us to find out how great we really are.