Construction Manager - HV Transmission Lines
Job Type: Full time
Help us connect Queenslanders to their world-class energy future.
Powerlink Queensland is a leading provider of high voltage electricity transmission network services and plays a central role in connecting Queenslanders to a new energy future. As part of this, we are planning and delivering a large number of major projects, including renewable energy developments, across Queensland.
We are currently experiencing a period of unprecedented growth. Our project portfolio is expanding in size, complexity and scope with multiple innovative projects supporting Queensland renewable energy targets.
Are you experienced in the planning and management of construction for high voltage transmission line works?
Are you interested in a Construction Manager role to support the on-site delivery of a flagship renewable energy project?
We have an initial, long term, temporary contract for an experienced construction manager to plan and manage the construction activities as part of our large-scale EHV Infrastructure project delivery team.
About the role
Powerlink Queensland is a Government Owned Corporation that owns, develops, operates and maintains the electricity transmission network in Queensland. Our people play a key role in the future of energy and the transition of the energy industry. We’re looking for talented people to help us take on this challenge and build the energy grid of the future.
We currently have an opportunity for a period of up to 20 months to lead the on-site delivery of the Transmission Lines component of a significant, renewable energy focussed project.
You will be working hand in hand with our project team and tier-1 construction partners to support the successful delivery of a critical and complex customer focussed HV transmission lines focussed project.
To support the on-site construction activities you will need to be pre-dominantly based in the Western Downs region during the construction execution phase of the project.
You have gained your professional experience in overseeing the site delivery of multiple high voltage transmission line projects, with responsibility for:
- On-site construction activities including clearing and access, foundations, tower erection and stringing
- Contractor management
- Quality management
- HSE experience
- Landholder & Stakeholder experience and
- Material co-ordination
You are an expert in the planning and management of high quality, customer focused, construction delivery across critical HV transmission line infrastructure construction projects.
What you will need:
- Trade or tertiary qualifications in a relevant field of Civil Engineering, Construction or Project Management
- Supported by significant construction site management experience in a relevant industry, ideally HV transmission or similar.
- Be prepared to work from and be based in Western Downs region to support the on-site project and construction delivery
- Demonstrated time management, planning and organisational skills, prioritising and negotiation a challenging construction schedule
- Tenacity and initiative to work through complex construction activities and issues focussed on optimised and efficient delivery
- Strong customer service and stakeholder management skills, achieving success through your broad collaboration, consultation, negotiation and influencing skills
If you recognise yourself in this opportunity and believe that you can successfully deliver this important customer project please apply and upload your application, consisting of an updated resume and covering letter by Midnight Sunday 5 February 2023. Please monitor your re-mail for updates on your application.
Powerlink Queensland is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We also support flexible working arrangements, and encourage you to discuss this during the application process.
For further information please contact Powerlink Queensland's recruitment team on email@example.com.
Powerlink is a leading Australian provider of electricity transmission services, delivering safe, cost effective and reliable solutions. Our purpose is to connect Queenslanders to a world-class energy future, providing electricity to five million Queenslanders and 238,000 businesses.
Our people strategy focuses on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
If you are experienced in the planning and management of construction for high voltage transmission line works join us as a Site Delivery Manager to support the delivery of a flagship renewable energy project
At Powerlink, we offer:
- Family friendly and flexible working arrangements
- 14 weeks paid parental leave - at full or half pay
- Substitution of Public Holidays
- Bright, open office layout
- Free undercover parking and charging stations for electric vehicles
- Access to a corporate health plan with employee discounts
- Annual flu vaccinations
- Onsite gym facilities
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Various other forms of leave that support you to support your community.
Our competitive employment terms and conditions are enhanced by a broad range of benefits including, salary packaging novated lease vehicles, and access to an onsite credit union and cafeteria.