Location: South Australia
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of an established brand with real career progression opportunities
- Supportive team environment
- Earn while you learn!
At Programmed we are passionate about sourcing great local talent and providing our people with opportunities for growth and development. We have a long and proud history of employing apprentices in our business with many of our leaders having started their careers undertaking an Apprenticeship.
Due to continued growth, we are looking for hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to join our SA (Millicent) team as a 1st year Apprentice Fitter , based at the KCA, Millicent mill site. Working closely with experienced Fitters, Supervisors, and even other Apprentices you will gain valuable skills & knowledge to ultimately secure your trade qualification (Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade).
As an Apprentice Fitter you will learn how to fabricate, assemble, maintain, and repair various equipment and machinery, and will have exposure working in a workshop environment. Your week will incorporate learning the trade at TAFE and receiving hands-on, on-the-job training. We will invest in you over the four-year apprenticeship so you can continue your career as a as a qualified Mechanical Fitter. An apprenticeship can open a world of possibilities.
Skills and Experience
- Has a genuine interest in the mechanical trade.
- Motivation to succeed and a willingness to learn.
- Values teamwork and has a positive attitude to working in a safe and productive manner.
- Ability to follow direction with excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to listen and understand customer and company requirements.
- Commitment to building a long-term career.
- Completion of Year 10 or equivalent (A pass in Mathematics).
- A current Driver’s License is preferred, but not essential.
- Completion of a relevant pre-apprenticeship course is advantageous, but not essential.
This is an outstanding opportunity to begin your career with an industry leader. It is the ideal role for someone who has a genuine desire to pursue a career in the Industrial Maintenance industry.
A January 2023 commencement is anticipated.
Programmed and PERSOLKELLY supports a workplace culture of zero harm and encourages this in all that we do.
Programmed and PERSOLKELLY strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.
To learn more about working with Programmed and PERSOLKELLY, we encourage you to visit our website.