Job Type: Full time
Apprentice Gardeners and Landscapers wanted!
Programmed Property Services are a leading grounds maintenance and landscape provider that works heavily in the Commercial, Government, Education, Health Care and Aged Care space.
Programmed have a range of depots located throughout Victoria, from Notting Hill, Cranbourne, Sunshine, through to Geelong.
We employ a huge variety of skilled trade staff in these areas and are now looking to take on 4 apprentices at our Notting Hill depot to be trained up to be the leaders of our future.
We have 2 openings for Apprentice Gardeners and 2 openings for Apprentice Landscapers. All training is provided and paid for whilst you work on a variety of sites alongside skilled and passionate trades staff and team leaders.
What we offer you:
- A secure, full time permanent role
- Work / Life balance
- Room for advancement for the right candidate
- Full training and induction for tools and equipment
- Ongoing training and education in relevant qualifications and skills (ie, Chainsaw tickets, ChemCert course, First Aid etc)
- Uniform and PPE provided
- Employee Xtras program, giving discounts at a large variety of key retailers
- Employee Assistance Program
- RDO’s generated through Spring/Summer for use in the cooler, wetter months
- A 38 hour work week during Autumn/Winter and a 40 hour work week during Spring/Summer
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- 2nd and 3rd year apprentices welcome to apply
- A desire to learn and grow in the gardening or landscape space
- Passion for horticulture, gardening and/or landscaping
- Any experience in horticulture or landscaping would be advantageous
- Availability to be able to work Monday – Friday
- Able to work well in a team
- A clear commitment and understanding of Quality and Health, Safety and Environment systems
Must have :
- Be able to obtain a suitable National Police Check
- Victorian Working with Children Check
- Had or be willing to have a Flu vaccination
- Had or be willing to have COVID-19 vaccinations
- Licence and Reliable Transport or ability to get to our Notting Hill depot
- A can-do attitude
- Proactive individual
- Ability to lift up to 20KG
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Attendance to all trade school days
- Learn and utilise the key skills required to undertake gardening/landscape tasks to a high standard
- Utilise a range of battery and power tools under instruction for gardening/landscaping works
- Gardening - Pruning and hedging
- Gardening - Seasonal pruning of Roses etc
- Gardening - Weeding
- Gardening - Raking and removal of leaves
- Gardening - Application of pesticides and herbicides
- Gardening - Use of petrol or battery powered equipment, such as push mowers, hedgers, blowers, brush cutters and chainsaws
- Landscaping – Assist in the construction and delivery of commercial landscape projects including soft and hard landscaping works (Paving, mulch, concrete, pit installation, planting, irrigation etc)
- Landscaping – Assist with assembly and installation of commercial play space equipment
- Landscaping – Work alongside and learn from a range of qualified trade staff and contractors to achieve high quality outcomes on all of our landscape projects
- Maintenance of parks, gardens and commercial properties or construction of landscape projects under the guidance of skilled staff
- Completion of soft landscape tasks (mulching, basic irrigation repairs etc)
- Follow and understand routine maintenance schedules
- Completion or participation in daily pre-start checks and toolbox meetings
Please note, all applicants will be required to complete Pre-Employment checks such as Medicals, Drug & Alcohol tests and Police Checks.
How to Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the application process, or apply directly through the Programmed GO! App.
Please note all applications will be treated as private and confidential
Programmed and PERSOLKELLY supports a workplace culture of zero harm and encourages this in all that we do.
Programmed and PERSOLKELLY strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.
To learn more about working with Programmed and PERSOLKELLY, we encourage you to visit our website.