Apprenticeship - Year 1 Horticultural
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
- Be part of an established brand with real career progression opportunities
- Exposure to a variety of client sites
- Make the great outdoors your office!
At Programmed we are passionate about sourcing great local talent and providing our people with opportunities for growth and development. We have a long and proud history of employing apprentices in our business with many of our leaders having started their careers undertaking an Apprenticeship.
We believe that everyone can take up a career as a grounds tradesperson and an apprenticeship will ensure you receive formal training and hands-on experience in a supportive environment to succeed in the role.
Who are we
Programmed Property Services is a leading provider of painting, signage and grounds maintenance services across a multitude of industries. Working with Programmed Property Services means you will become part of the Programmed family: a company that encourages career development, supports flexibility and cares about your personal wellbeing and safety.
Due to continued growth we are looking for hardworking and enthusiastic persons to join our team as a 1st year Apprentice. Our horticultural, landscaping and grounds maintenance work takes us to many interesting commercial sites and projects.
The work location will be Bundaberg.
Working closely with a team of qualified tradespeople and even other apprentices you will learn how to care for, maintain and develop the grounds of customer sites using professional turf management and irrigation techniques.
Your week will incorporate learning the trade at Tafe and receiving hands-on experience on a customer site.
We will invest in you over the four year apprenticeship so you can continue your career with us as a qualified tradesperson and provide you with the opportunities to progress to be team leader or even a contract manager or branch manager.
An apprenticeship can open up a world of possibilities.
Skills and Experience
- Motivation to succeed and a willingness to learn
- Values team work and has a positive attitude to working in a safe and productive manner
- Ability to follow direction with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to listen and understand customer and company requirements
- Commitment to building a long term career
- A current driver’s license
This is an outstanding opportunity to begin your career with an industry leader. It is the ideal role for someone who has a genuine interest in the Property Service, Green keeping Horticulture.
- Great ABOVE award weekly wages
- Provide uniforms, footwear and personal protective equipment
- Long term career potential
- Paid parental leave and great discounts with selected retailers
- An Employee Assistance Program, which incorporates a tailored wellbeing initiative
Programmed and PERSOLKELLY supports a workplace culture of zero harm and encourages this in all that we do.
Programmed and PERSOLKELLY strives for diversity, inclusion and equality of our people. We seek a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in. We encourage people of all cultures, gender, age, sexual orientation or abilities to apply.
To learn more about working with Programmed and PERSOLKELLY, we encourage you to visit our website.