Service Delivery Manager (AO7) ICT Engagement and Partnerships
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Contract/temp
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Temporary Flexible Full-time
Tenure Period:Until 13-JUN-2023
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$4,530.50 - $4,851.30 per fortnight
Strategy & Corporate Services
ICT Engagement & Partnerships
Midnight, Wednesday, 7 December 2022
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of role
Information Communication and Technology (ICT) Portfolio Management is responsible for leading and managing the provision of the systematic management of QFES ICT investments, governance, portfolio, projects, and assurance activities to support QFES operations and organisational capability. The ICT Engagement and Partnership unit manages the engagement with key internal stakeholders, as well as ICT service partners to determine approaches to accessing services and solutions to ICT and business problems. The unit is also responsible for monitoring programs of work to ensure reliable, high quality and contemporary ICT products and solutions meets the requirements and expectations of operational and business units within defined contractual arrangements and agreements.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, you will be responsible for establishing, managing and coordinating a range of engagement activities across ICT related processes, services, systems and applications to facilitate the delivery of high quality ICT services and solutions. You will provide high level advice, stakeholder engagement, and consultation by translating ICT service requirements and performance requirements to meet QFES business demands and future priorities.
Highly desirable requirements
- Minimum of five years technical experience in a large, complex ICT environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the ITIL framework and V3 Foundation or Expert certification.
- Certification of Prince 2® Foundation.
- Contemporary knowledge of Agile and waterfall project management methodologies.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Manage ICT service risks and issues and work with customer and services providers to implement strategies and changes to processes and services to reduce risk and improve service performance.
- Ensure effective and professional customer relationship management is developed, focusing on determining requirements, and where relevant, updating ICT services to better meet customer needs.
- Participate in the development and refinement of the service catalogue and related key performance indicators to ensure that services meet customer expectations and respond to current and future needs.
- Facilitate and support key service management forums through the provision of timely and accurate performance reports and independent feedback on the effectiveness of ICT service delivery.
- Ensure the service management tool contains all agreed metrics to enable effective monitoring and reporting on current service performance as agreed to in ICT Service Level Agreements.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure expectations are met, and contributes to the development and ongoing improvement of services.
- Undertake research and analysis, interpret, and solve problems and identify opportunities for improvements in processes to support service delivery and meet organisational objectives.
- Work collaboratively with incident and problem managers to promote an understanding of customer impacts, and act as a conduit to ensure they are provided with timely resolution/restoration information.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Robert Winchester, A/Director, ICT Portfolio Management Branch on phone 0402 530 690 or email Robert.email@example.com.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role..