Senior Business Engagement Officer - Projects and Capability Development
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Full time
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
AO5Salary: $92,659.00 - $100,499.00per annum
Capability & State Services
Region/Directorate:STATE EM SRV
SES State Coordination
Closing Date:Midnight 3 February 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service (SES), and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of the role
SES Projects and Capability Development delivers on the QFES organisational priorities and objectives, providing management of SES governance and capability functions, and implementation of new projects and initiatives. This is achieved through the provision of business support to SES Regions and volunteers, delivering on the QFES Commissioner's responsibilities as described in the Fire and Emergency Services Act 1990, Division 2, section 131 (a), (b), (c) (ii).
Reporting to the Executive Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating, developing and delivering engagement activities, and providing high-level administrative services to support business engagement and knowledge management development, review and implementation of products that support the delivery of services to Queensland SES volunteers.
Highly desirable requirements
- Have experience in online platforms and database administration.
- The incumbent will be appointed as a staff member of the SES and the hours of duty applicable to this role are pursuant to the Queensland Public Service Officers and Other Employees Award – State 2015: specifically, the spread of ordinary hours for SES staff are 0600 to 2200, Monday to Sunday.
- Capacity to participate in an out of hours on call roster during disaster operations. This may require working extended hours, outside of normal hours (e.g. night shift), including weekends.
- Capacity to work on night and weekends to suit an SES volunteer environment.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting key frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate the development, review and update of SES knowledge and engagement products, ensuring alignment with service requirements, organisation priorities, sponsorship arrangements and national best practice.
- Oversee and advise on the coordination of volunteer engagement activities, events and content for various internal and external platforms to support business continuity and planning, and promote program initiatives.
- Coordinate and oversee the delivery of SES Week activities, statewide conferences and workshops to ensure information is shared, enhance service delivery and support changing community and environmental needs.
- Research, analyse and evaluate information relating to volunteer engagement activities, events and knowledge management in line with program outcomes.
- Prepare and review reports, briefs, and correspondence, regarding engagement and project initiatives to support ongoing capability development, in accordance with department requirements and governance.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders relating to SES engagement activities, policies and planning to assist with meeting volunteer program objectives.
- Provide secretariate support to high-level volunteer committees and forums by ensuring agendas, recording and circulation of minutes and follow up on actions and outcomes are efficiently maintained.
- Assist with managing projects relating to specific volunteer business engagement and initiatives, including to identify issues and provide recommendation for improvement to achieve project deliverables.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that links to the "key accountabilities" for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Sherri Adcock Thompson, Principal Officer, SES Capability Development on phone 0498 465 383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.