Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
Under the supervision of more senior engineers, responsible for the detailed design, implementation and testing of software modules for projects as directed by the relevant technical lead.
The general and generic duties of the Software Engineer include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake software system design and development activities and software unit integration testing
- Reviewing of other team members work to ensure accuracy and compliance with completion criteria
- Undertake tasks within allocated budget and timeframe
- Facilitate collaboration with RDA staff and clients
- Identify and pursue ongoing personal development opportunities
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Comply with RDA policies and improvements
- Contribute to business improvement/quality programs and enterprise risk management activities
- Ensure your conduct is at all times professional, reputable and in accordance with the philosophy and direction of RDA
About your new team
This position will be a key member of the Electronics Solutions team located in Edinburgh, SA. The team provides Software Engineering for the design and build systems that can manage large quantities of imagery, and apply deep learning through convolutional neural networks and other ML models to augment imagery analysis.
Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- Eligibility and willingness to meet Australian Department of Defence security clearance requirements
- Preferable 3 years experience in development of software systems
- Demonstrated industry experience with the software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of software environments such as Python, C++, Java Script, Visual Studio Code
- Experience in Object Orientated design methodologies.
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with multithreaded software design and implementation
- Experience developing applications under Linux or Windows.
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight
- Flexible working practices
- Generous internal incentive and referral program
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing
- We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/rheinmetall/benefits
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
Applications close: 14th October 2022
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact RDA Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF#AU00986.