Rheinmetall Defence Australia
Job Type: Full time
Your next opportunity
As a Mechanic, you will be responsible for completing mechanical build tasks for RDA vehicles and subsystems in our Prototype Shop. The Prototype workshop is run by a small team who focus on building and maintaining new vehicles that are showcased by RDA. The main scope of this role is to complete all mechanical tasks in accordance with manufacturing instructions, engineering drawings, quality standards and WH&S requirements.
As a Mechanic, you can anticipate some of your day-to-day tasks to include:
- Complete assembly tasks for all RDA Prototype vehicles;
- Complete repairs of vehicle systems including mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and mechatronic parts and systems;
- Conduct repairs and installation of air-conditioning systems;
- Conduct repairs and installation of fire-suppression systems;
- Complete vehicle movements within the facility in accordance with site rules and licencing requirements;
- Perform crane operation and lifting tasks in accordance with safe working instructions;
- Maintain the safe and efficient storage of required parts, tools and equipment in the workshop areas.
- Support the materials team to complete the movement, delivery, and inspection of parts and consumables;
- Complete work as required from time to time at other facilities including at the sites of RDA customers and suppliers; and
- Conduct self and work in accordance with company and site specific WH&S requirements.
About your new team
This role forms part of our growing Prototype team. You will report through to the Test Area Manager – Prototype Shop and be a part of an inclusive and supportive team. While the role is based in Redbank primarily, there will be occasional travel to various customer and Rheinmetall sites within Australia and overseas.
Find Your Why at Rheinmetall
Our values of Safety, Partnership, Openness, Respect and Trust (SPORT) supports our team members to create a workplace environment where our employees value each other, live up to their promises, communicate openly and work safely every day.
The experience and skillset best suited to this role includes:
- A relevant trade’s qualification – eg. Cert III Automotive Mechanical – Heavy Vehicle;
- A qualified fabricator / boilermaker with automotive experience will also be considered;
- Ability to read and interpret production drawings, manuals, and technical documents;
- Demonstrated understanding and the ability to apply quality control techniques;
- A high level of self-motivation, initiative, the ability to work unsupervised and willingness to participate and contribute as part of a team;
- A passion for building and modifying vehicles;
- Availability to travel interstate and overseas for required systems training and support of build events (with appropriate notice); and
- The ability to gain and maintain an Australian Security Clearance (must be an Australian citizen).
What we offer you
- Work as part of a team with real purpose in what we do
- Attractive remuneration packages with salary sacrificing and novated leases
- Long weekends every second week with a 9 day working fortnight
- Flexible working practices
- Generous internal incentive and referral program
- Genuine career development and progression opportunities
- Extensive Employee Assistance Program to support overall health and wellbeing
- We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
Our inclusive culture
Rheinmetall fosters a culture of equality, fairness, diversity and inclusion for all our employees and provides a safe and secure work environment where everyone can feel comfortable and supported to bring their unique self to work every day.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-au/for-women/employer/rheinmetall/benefits
To learn more about life at Rheinmetall, please visit: www.rheinmetall.com/career-au
Preferred candidates will be required to complete background checks including pre-employment verifications and national police checks.
Applications close: 18 December 2022
Please note that we will not be accepting any recruitment agency applications for this role.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact RDA Talent Acquisition Team at Recruitment.Australia@rheinmetall.com.au and quote REF#AU00976.