Field Service Engineer (Western Australia)
Job Type: Full time
Rockwell Automation is a global technology leader focused on helping the world’s manufacturers be more productive, sustainable, and agile. With more than 25,000 employees who make the world better every day, we know we have something special. Behind our customers - amazing companies that help feed the world, provide life-saving medicine on a global scale, and focus on clean water and green mobility - our people are energized problem solvers that take pride in how the work we do changes the world for the better.
We welcome all makers, forward thinkers, and problem solvers who are looking for a place to do their best work. And if that’s you we would love to have you join us!
Looking for Field Service Engineer in the region of Western Australia
Responsible for supporting RA customers during the complete life cycle of the equipment. This assistance may be to identify and correct hardware or software discrepancies, programming installation, application, maintenance, start-up, training and diagnostics. Maintain his/her utilization required to meet Company objectives, and manage his/her schedule in order to upgrade his/her instructional, technical and product skills.
1. Attend to field service work as determined and scheduled by customer care.
2. Provide technical assistance and field service to customers by performing one or more of the following:
Engineering assistance application, programming specifications, etc.
Field service installation start-up integration, system optimization, maintenance and warranty implementation.
Troubleshooting of hardware and software problems at customer site.
3. Provide customer coordination of RA products and systems by performing the following functions:
On-site analysis and specification preparation.
Hardware configuration – system and product application.
Project coordination between customer, OEM sales, product division, etc.
Technical support – field start-up, integration and maintenance.
Testing and acceptance.
4. Provide proper reporting of technical, administrative and accounting information as required.
5. Provide technical assistance to sales and customer personnel on product applications to include alternatives, recommendations, explanations, surveys, etc. to meet the customer’s requirements.
6. Make recommendations for product improvements, especially as they affect operations and reliability of RA products.
7. Pursue all opportunities to generate revenue for all RA products and technical support services including but not limited to applications engineering contracts, retrofit contracts, training, documentation and support service agreements.
1. Ensure compliance to Ethics, Standards of Business Conduct, other RA policies and the relevant government regulations in the geography. Planned Job Safety Analysis (PJSA) to be performed before undertaking a job onsite.
2. Ensure thorough familiarity with company’s policies and procedures. Appropriately apply policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to: Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
3. Perform standby duties in accordance with country roster.
4. Prepared to travel 50% of the time in any month and some times for extended periods to remote sites in Australia and New Zealand.
5. Perform any other relevant duties as and when assigned by immediate Manager.
Educations/ Qualifications & Working Experiences
Relevantfield supportandserviceexperienceinIndustrialAutomationControl field.
Ability to design, develop, program and troubleshoot PLC, HMI, and SCADA systems.
Hands-on experience on RA products like Allen Bradley PLC / SCADA will be added advantage, i.e Studio 5000 & ,Factory TalkView SE, Factory Talk Historian, Vantage Point and Asset Centre.
Preferably to haveQualified Supervisor Certificate - Electrical Work(Good to have)
Why Rockwell Automation
- 100 years’ old global leading brand and market leader in Australia / New Zealand
- Competitive salary with 14% superannuation
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Culture embracing diversity and inclusion
- Flexible, hybrid work arrangements
- Global career development opportunities
- Mentorship programmes
- 8 offices across Australia and New Zealand
- Onsite Parking
Are you ready to join us to make the world work better? We look forward to receiving your application!
*Applicants must have work rights for Australia. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.