Intern, Remote Support
Job Type: Full time
Rockwell Automation is a global technology leader focused on helping the world’s manufacturers be more productive, sustainable, and agile. With more than 25,000 employees who make the world better every day, we know we have something special. Behind our customers - amazing companies that help feed the world, provide life-saving medicine on a global scale, and focus on clean water and green mobility - our people are energized problem solvers that take pride in how the work we do changes the world for the better.
We welcome all makers, forward thinkers, and problem solvers who are looking for a place to do their best work. And if that’s you we would love to have you join us!
Summary & Description
By applying to this position, your application will be considered for our location in Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia.
At Rockwell Automation we integrate control and information across the enterprise to help our customers be more productive. Our approach begins with a focus on productivity, combined with our differentiated technology and domain expertise to deliver the positive business outcomes.
As a Remote Support Engineering intern you will work with a team of engineers and industry professionals in the following area:
- Remote Support:You will learn to provide technical support to Rockwell Automation customers during the complete life cycle of a product, learn to identify and correct hardware and/or software discrepancies, strengthen customer relationships, and partake in updating/improving our knowledge repository. You will also learn the required hands-on knowledge of other Rockwell Automation products which may interface with the supported products; this support will predominantly be provided via electronic channels such as phone, chat and emails.
You will have the opportunity to be a significant contributor, while getting comprehensive exposure to the business structure of Rockwell Automation and how we are helping our customers bring the Connected Enterprise to life. Rockwell will match your background and skills with your interests and our business needs. Each experience is unique; if you are extended an offer, the manager will share the details about his/her intern role, including specific projects you may work on and responsibilities you may have. Additionally, as a student associate there will be hosted activities and events intended to help you grow your network, develop your professional skills and immerse yourself in our company culture.
- Multi-disciplinary continuous learning
- Bigger picture mindset (seeing the entire application vs product level)
- Communicating technical concepts
- Innovative thinker
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Legal authorization to work in Australia is required.
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Robotics & Mechatronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineeringor Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with industrial automation environments including PLC or drives programming
- Previous experience with Industrial Automation products