Senior Project Lead Engineer
Schneider Electric AU & NZ
Location: Macquarie Park
Job Type: Full time
At Schneider Electric, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Lead Engineer to work with one of our largest customers is Sydney Water, a world leader in providing drinking water, recycled water, wastewater services and some stormwater services to more than four million customers in Sydney, Illawarra and the Blue Mountains. A wholly owned state corporation, Sydney Water’s vision is to provide valued water solutions by putting customers’ front of mind and contributing to liveable cities. To deliver these services Sydney Water relies heavily on leading edge SCADA technologies.
Working on multiple locations such as Macquarie Park and Parramatta, you will report into Engineering Manager.
Specific responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Intepret design documentation and Write Process Functional Design Specifications
- Workshopping designs with the customer
- Writing software for Schneider and Siemens PLCs
- Writing Test specifications and performing witness testing
- Commissioning and Troubleshooting software and system on site
- Providing customer training for operation of software via SCADA
You are a highly driven individual seeking to work with a value-based organisation whose solutions are leading edge. In addition, you possess the following relevant skills and attributes
- 4 year Bachelor of Engineering degree / 3 year Bachelor of Engineering Technology degree / 2 year Advanced Diploma or Associate degree in accordance with the respective pathway
- Demonstrated experience (8+ years) in the delivery of Industrial Automation and /or Telemetry and/or Information Management System projects
- Experience in (Water & Waste Water), with a high level of competency in interpreting design documentation, such as P&I Diagrams, Electrical Drawings, Process Descriptions; and to develop technical DSS/FDS and system designs.
- Demonstrated experience with various PLC platforms (Schneider Quantum, M580 & Siemens S7-400/300 preferred), including system design, coding, testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting.
- Highly skilled and experienced in configuring SCADA (ClearSCADA / GeoSCADA preferred).
- Experience with communications networks and protocols including Ethernet network configuration and testing and, Modbus, Profibus, RS232 communication.
- Experience with VSD, and smart starter technologies
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of project SCADA engineers, providing training and mentoring in the above-mentioned skills.
- Must possess a current drivers license
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.