Solutions Consultant Mining
Schneider Electric AU & NZ
Job Type: Full time
At Schneider, we believe access to energy is a basic human right. We empower all to make the most of their energy and resources, ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
Based in Australia, we have an exciting opportunity within our Mining, Minerals and Metals Segment to position a global Solutions Consultant, bringing together our complete value proposition of sustainability and digital transformation. You would leverage our most relevant partnerships with process OEMS, EPCs and Consultants as well as our technology, software and services portfolio. You would be working within the segment collaborating with sales, solution and system architects and across our various lines of business.
You will be responsible for the development and maintenance of specific mining solution architectures that support and deliver our global MMM sub-segment Value Propositions. This will be done in collaboration with our sub-segment architects (Cement, Steel, Mining, Glass) to ensure a consistent approach and methodology. These solution architectures prescribe the most efficient ways for clients to achieve their business goals and are also used in the development of Marketing and Sales collateral for Schneider-Electric and AVEVA.
We are looking for a highly motivated, visionary, and collaborative solutions architect with the ability and experience to develop deep stakeholder relationships and intimacy with our clients and partners in the MMM ecosystem. As you are well across the core mining processes and well connected within the market you can act like a respectful challenger who brings thought provoking insights and expertise to our key customers, partners and would help support our internal understanding and positioning by assisting our technical and commercial teams. We hope you also have exposure to electrification and process automation disciplines and might have touched upon APC and/or Artificial Intelligence along your journey.
This is a critical global business leadership role, to be considered you must meet the following criteria:
- A University's, MBA would be well regarded but as a minimum we would expect a bachelor’s degree in (multi discipline) Engineering, Automation, Electrification or Chemical Technology with at least 5 years of experience in Engineering / Product support / Solution support or maybe a Technical (pre-)Sales role
- A qualification or significant hands-on in a formal solution architecture methodology – TOGAF, Zachman or SESAM or other equivalent
- Your familiarity with Mining processes, pain points and opportunities mean that you are already a trusted solution (pre) sales expert today
- Your existing relationships with both Technical and Operational leadership gives you credibility and walk-in rights. We hope you do not mind traveling up to ~25% of the time to be where our clients are
- Your technical and sales expertise might include innovative digital solutions connected to industrial automation, energy management and software like Engineering, Modelling Software, APC and/or AI
- You can demonstrate a successful track record of architecting and positioning automation, electrification and sustainability solutions
That’s all the functional stuff but equally critical is your energy, curiosity, customer focus and ability to collaborate extensively, remaining a selfless and committed team player.
We’re a great place to work and we are continually striving to be the best place to work, join us and see how.
All applicants must have working rights in Australia at the time of application and will be required to provide documented evidence if selected for interview.
Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles from external agencies or suppliers via any method. If any candidates are submitted in an unsolicited manner, we will consider this as a direct candidate application to Schneider Electric and no fee will be payable.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.