National Transport Manager
Job Type: Full time
National Transport Manager
- Play a unique role in supporting healthy communities
- Deliver excellence and continuous improvement in safety, service and cost
- Brand new offices at M-City Clayton; onsite parking & hybrid model
Partner with the operational management teams of all 3PL transport providers and DC leadership teams to deliver excellence.
Sigma Healthcare is a leading Australian full line pharmacy wholesale and distribution business. Sigma also has the largest pharmacy network in Australia, with over 1,200 branded and independent stores, including some of Australia’s best-known pharmacy retail brands: Amcal, Guardian, PharmaSave, Discount Drug Stores and Whole Life.
Ready to make an immediate impact? Reporting to the Chief Logistics Officer, the role of National Transport Manager is to develop, implement and drive the transport strategy and performance across Sigma’s Logistics network, whilst meeting all customer and compliance requirements.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Optimise current and negotiate new contracts and commercial agreements with 3PL transport providers, delivering network agility, cost and service improvement opportunities and value add to the business
- Ensure all transport processes and operations are fully compliant with organisational and legislative requirements, including CoR and CSO.
- Partner and drive 3PL transport providers, suppliers and customers to continually improve operations/service and reduce costs whilst meeting organisational objectives
- Provide insight, advice and support to the Distribution Centres on strategies and initiatives to maximise operational efficiency
- Ongoing support of Distribution Centres in utilising transport planning tools, including the generation of regular reporting and insights for Logistics leadership teams.
We are looking for:
- Previous experience in a senior transport leadership position
- Demonstrated experience directly managing 3rd party logistics partnerships
- Experience in Transport Contract management and tender processes
- Proven excellence in commercial, process improvement and analytical acumen
- Lean principles, continuous improvement and performance excellence
What’s on offer:
When you join Sigma Healthcare, you join an Australian success story with over 100 years of proud history. Also on offer is the opportunity to:
- Receive a competitive salary package
- Advance your skills and experience through ongoing training and development
- Be part of a progressive, supportive and highly skilled team
- Enjoy great employee benefits and access to health & wellbeing programs, as well as a Universal incentive program
- Work for an organisation that plays a unique role in supporting healthy communities
We are proud to be endorsed as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
How to apply
Sound like your new home? Click APPLY today to submit your application via our Careers portal.