Job Type: Full time
Help create a home away from home
Sodexo is currently looking for an experienced Catering Manager to join our team.
This is a fulltime FIFO position on an 8/6 roster and is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and energized individual with sufficient catering knowledge and confidence to engage all levels of Sodexo Catering staff, Village management and dining room guests through various means of communication.
Who are we looking for?
As the Catering Manager, you will be accountable for the onsite catering operations. You will be working on-site and your focus will be maintaining and continuously improving the efficiency and profitability of the operation, whilst maintaining a high standard of service in accordance to Sodexo and client budget.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Australian Citizenship, or full Australian working rights
- Able to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug & alcohol testing and police check
- Strong Chef experience and work history required
- Advanced Food Handlers Certificate or Food Safety Supervisor
- Experience in a high pressure catering, boardroom, corporate, hotel or events environment
- Previous experience in a supervisory or management role
- Ability to manage a team of up to 30 staff
- Experience in menu planning and production
- Demonstrated ability to control food and labour costs, as well as a demonstrated analytical and mathematical ability
- Strong financial and budgeting skills
Working on-site with our teams means you’ll be working 11 hours per day on a 8:6 roster (eight days at work and six days at home), often in extreme environments. So, having a good level of fitness will help you get through each day!
Why choose Sodexo?
Sodexo is a people business, employing over 400,000 people worldwide and thousands here in Australia. Our employees, who personify Sodexo's unique values of Service Spirit, Team Spirit and Spirit of Progress, are our greatest asset through their commitment and dedication.
We believe the more diverse we are, the stronger we are. No matter your background, we will do all we can to help you thrive. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities, valuing diversity, and creating an inclusive working environment for all our employees.
At Sodexo, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applications from all applicants regardless of age, race, sex, ethnicity, religion and beliefs and people with disabilities.
We offer a competitive salary, many development opportunities and an outstanding benefits and recognition program!
How to apply?
If you are interested in joining the Sodexo team and meet the minimum criteria outlined above, please apply with your resume detailing relevant employment experience and availability.
One of our friendly recruiters will contact shortlisted candidates for a phone interview. This is also your opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
What are you waiting for? Submit your application today and become part of the Sodexo family!