Senior Systems Analyst
South East Water
Job Type: Full time
Who are we?
We’re here to help people live well and create a better and more sustainable future. We support healthy and liveable communities by delivering water, sewerage and recycled water services to 1.77 million people who rely on us every day and every night. At South East Water, we innovate with purpose and act with care to deliver healthy water for life. Fresh thinking and collaboration are at the heart of our organisation. We are constantly learning, embracing the challenges of today and excited by the opportunities that tomorrow will bring.
South East Water’s extensive pipe networks, facilities such as treatment plants and pump stations, and new IoT solutions enable us to deliver reliable and cost-effective services to our customers. The operation and maintenance of these assets is supported by a new service delivery model and an integrated suite of sophisticated IT systems, which we will continue to evolve, utilising innovative technologies and tools to deliver greater customer value.
This role will be a key member of the BTS Asset Applications team working with the business stakeholders to enhance, operate and maintain the Montage works management platform primarily and where required the Maximo asset register under an integrated IT landscape.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting design, development and implementation of enhancements and upgrades
- Ensure availability and reliability of these platforms by administering and maintaining them
- Managing level 2 incidents involving these platforms
- Managing the technical configuration, performance, and reliability of Montage works management platform, and the Maximo asset register where required
- Analysing new business and technical opportunities, risks and problems to devise solutions and refine the platform roadmaps
- Designing, building, deploying, and maintaining cost-effective solutions that leverage the capabilities of SEW IT platforms and infrastructure where appropriate.
- Where required, supporting RFI and RFP processes and projects to replace or extend existing platforms or service providers
Who are you?
We are looking for candidates, initially for a 12-month fixed term with the possibility of a further extension, with a Degree in an Information Technology discipline and a minimum of five years’ relevant IT industry experience. Solid experience with Windows services/IIS, .NET and SQL will be highly regarded as well as asset, works and field services management domain knowledge, and relevant application/platform management experience.
Applicants will also require:
- An ability to operate as part of a high-performing team, as well as autonomously, as required
- Australian citizenship or permanent residency
- Experience with Software Development and Testing principles and processes
- Experience with business process modelling and BPMN
- Familiarity with common ISO quality and safety management standards
- Familiarity with Application Lifecycle Management principles
- Familiarity with ITIL ITSM models and processes
- Familiarity with Enterprise Information Architecture principles and master data management techniques
- An understanding of database technologies particularly .NET and SQL Server
- A proven track record in successful stakeholder management and business engagement
What's in it for you?
- An exciting technology roadmap providing ongoing opportunities for experience and growth
- A commitment to work-life balance with truly flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working, leave purchasing and RDO options.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave for all parents and paid super on unpaid parental leave
- A range of benefits, including free on-site parking and cultural leave.
- A great culture working in collaborative teams with strong work ethics.
- Career focused learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation committed to environmental initiatives.
- Enjoy modern office facilities with panoramic beachfront views.
We're for everyone
We do meaningful work, but how we do it is just as important. We’re here to help people live well, protect the environment, and keep healthy water and resources accessible and affordable for all. We know to make a positive difference we need to support our people to be their very best. Flexibility and innovation are at the heart of how we work. But it’s our people’s collective ambition, authenticity and differences that bring our culture to life.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. Everyone brings a unique voice and a refreshing perspective that keeps us innovating. It makes us better learners, thinkers and collaborators, helping create better outcomes for our customers. Even though we’re all different, we still share a common goal to deliver healthy water for life.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, people with disability and from culturally diverse backgrounds. We aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace for everyone. If you need any help with the application process or would like to discuss your reasonable adjustments during interviews, or to learn more about the role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to make an impact?
Click here to check out the position description. We're accepting applications for this exciting opportunity until Sunday 4 December 2022.
Visit southeastwater.com.au to learn more about us and how we serve our customers.