Sewer Maintenance Technician
South East Water
Job Type: Full time
Who are we?
We’re here to help people live well and create a better and more sustainable future. We support healthy and liveable communities by delivering water, sewerage and recycled water services to 1.77 million people who rely on us every day and every night. At South East Water, we innovate with purpose and act with care to deliver healthy water for life. Fresh thinking and collaboration are at the heart of our organisation. We are constantly learning, embracing the challenges of today and excited by the opportunities that tomorrow will bring.
The role of the Sewerage Maintenance Technician is to contribute to the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of South East Water’s sewerage networks. This office-based role requires the technician to identify and program the repair of defects on the sewer network in accordance with industry standards. They will also be required to assess CCTV footage in order to facilitate maintenance and co-ordinate repairs.
The team operates within a 24/7 service environment and provides emergency response to minimise disruption of services to customers and as well as ensuring that public health and the environment are not put at risk. Although this role sits within the programmed maintenance stream, after hours programmed work and phone calls from the Trenchless Sewer Repair Contractors will require attendance to deliver the programs.
Who are you?
In order to thrive in this exciting full-time role, candidates will require demonstrated knowledge and experience in the maintenance, construction and operations of sewerage systems and a broad understanding of hydraulic principles that apply to sewerage networks. They should also be specialists in making judgements and decisions relating to actions required on sewer lines after making an evaluation of CCTV inspections.
The following skills, knowledge and experience will also ensure success in this role:
- Good clear verbal and written communication with the ability to present and discuss complex information especially when dealing directly with customers; and an ability to prepare letters and reports on work standards and issues;
- Excellent customer service skills in order to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Good application in the use of information technology and computer skills for daily input works allocations and the use of database software
- Knowledge of risk management process and quality assurance procedures with an ability to implement improvements where required
- An understanding of key performance indicators and the prioritisation of operational works
- An ability to supervise and negotiate issues with contractors and the ability to negotiate on matters such as the resolution of customer issues, using sound judgement, tact and diplomacy
- Knowledge and understanding of WSAA Sewerage Codes and South East Water's Supplementary codes would be considered advantageous.
What's in it for you?
- A commitment to work-life balance with truly flexible working arrangements, including hybrid working, leave purchasing and RDO options.
- 14 weeks paid parental leave for all parents and paid super on unpaid parental leave.
- A range of benefits, including free on-site parking and cultural leave.
- A great culture working in collaborative teams with strong work ethics.
- Career focused learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of an organisation committed to environmental initiatives.
- Enjoy modern office facilities with panoramic beachfront views.
We're for everyone
We do meaningful work, but how we do it is just as important. We’re here to help people live well, protect the environment, and keep healthy water and resources accessible and affordable for all. We know to make a positive difference we need to support our people to be their very best. Flexibility and innovation are at the heart of how we work. But it’s our people’s collective ambition, authenticity and differences that bring our culture to life.
Our people are as diverse as the communities we serve. Everyone brings a unique voice and a refreshing perspective that keeps us innovating. It makes us better learners, thinkers and collaborators, helping create better outcomes for our customers. Even though we’re all different, we still share a common goal to deliver healthy water for life.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, members of the LGBTIQ+ community, people with disability and from culturally diverse backgrounds. We aim to provide an inclusive and accessible workplace for everyone. If you need any help with the application process or would like to discuss your reasonable adjustments during interviews, or to learn more about the role, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keen to make an impact?
Click here to check out the position description. We're accepting applications for this exciting opportunity until Wednesday 1 February 2023.
This role is remunerated at a Level 3
Visit southeastwater.com.au to learn more about us and how we serve our customers.