Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce commodities including bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, copper, lead, manganese, nickel, silver and zinc from our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
The Opportunity – Permanent, Full Time Position
This position sits within the global Communications team and plays a critical role in telling South32’s story. The Principal Digital is responsible for the strategic direction, vision, and day-to-day management of our external digital channels.
Reporting to the Manager Corporate Communications, your key accountabilities are:
- To develop and execute the digital strategy for South32’s global website and corporate social media channels, in support of the Communications Strategy
- To manage the corporate content calendar and plan, source, write, edit and format content for corporate communications channels, including website, social media channels, annual reporting suite, intranet and printed materials
- Day-to-day management of the South32 website from a content and technical perspective, with the support of an external agency
- To provide guidance to site-based communications teams on the set-up and management of local social media channels
- To provide strategic counsel to the Lead Team and relevant Functional Heads, as well as external affairs colleagues across the business on best practice digital communications
Here are some of the core skills we’d like you to have:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in communications, with a focus on digital
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form strong, authentic, and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Proven project management expertise
- Experience working at a senior level with other corporate affairs disciplines and senior management
- Strong understanding of global digital media best practice and engagement trends
- Experience in website and intranet content management systems
- Experience managing social media and paid social strategies, including the development and execution of social media campaigns
- An eye for design and experience using Canva or Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Issues Management and Crisis Communications experience
- Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline
- Competitive Salary
- Incentive bonus
- Work from Home Options
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
This role will be based at our office in the heart of the Perth CBD. We understand and value the benefits flexibility brings and operate a hybrid work model (in the office and from home)
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South32!
Applications close 30th September 2022