Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of this role is to maintain the integrity of the Worsley Alumina Blueprint by providing specialised structural and civil engineering technical expertise to the Operation and managing modifications and project tasks in accordance with relevant processes, standards and performance targets for HSEC, quality and cost.
The role will provide specialised Structural Engineering support and expertise and contribute to the organisational direction by providing advice on business risks, technology, and best practices. It will also involve conducting design, analysis, inspection, verification, and remediation of new and existing structures.
This role will be offered on a Fixed-Term contract basis until end of January 2024
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Provide structural and civil engineering expertise and consultative support for the Operation and ensure:
- Review and action of engineering change management requests associated with modifications and projects.
- Provision of relevant technical knowledge and input for the development of projects.
- Provision of relevant technical knowledge and support to the Maintenance and Production teams.
- Any Engineering services provided to the Operation meet relevant standards and are aligned to designed/agreed operating principles.
- Develop and maintain asset management plans for critical structural and civil equipment and infrastructure across the entire South32 Worsley Alumina operation
- Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering
- Chartered Membership of Engineers Australia is preferred although not essential
- Ideally, 5 years’ experience in an applicable industry, in structural engineering.
- Technical competencies:
− Understanding of structural and civil engineering requirements in the context of a brownfields process plant and mine site
− Structural and civil engineering design, inspection, remediation scoping
− A strong understanding of Australian Standards and Regulations relating to structural engineering
− Project engineering
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South 32
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 3rd October 2022