Job Type: Full time
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometers west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Cannington mine provides on-site accommodation including meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities.
About the role
This is a permanent role, reporting to the Superintendent Fixed Plant Maintenance, the purpose of this role is to lead an Electrical maintenance crew and ensure preventative and corrective maintenance is safety executed against the schedules, plans and meet statutory & legislative requirements and Cannington standards.
The roster will be 8/6 Thursday – Thursday, Fly-in/Fly-out from Townsville or Brisbane.
Other accountabilities include:
- Responsible for chairing Level 1 meeting to brief crews on relevant safety of compliance issues, and confirm priorities for the shift
- Ensure Maintenance Management System (SAP) work flow management is followed to enable safe work practices to minimise the risk associated with the working environment to employees and contractors, and to comply with statutory obligations
- Responsible for reprioritising the shift and week schedule in accordance to break-in work processes to maintain safe operations within targeted reliability
- Ensure incoming Supervisor is fully briefed of safety issues, active jobs and changes to schedule in the Supervisor Handover
- Actively pursue opportunities to reduce operating costs and increase productivity through the application of policies and procedures, business systems, human and financial resources
- Trade qualified or possessing a technical degree/tertiary qualification
- A current Electrical licence
- Previous experience in underground mining and/or processing maintenance activities
- Proficiency of SAP’s maintenance planning and scheduling functionality
- Great team working environment
- Excellent company culture
- Competitive Renumeration package
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Incentive bonuses
- Additional employer superannuation contributions
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South 32.
Applications will close on 04th October 2022.