Job Type: Full time
South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets. Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s Southwest.
Come and progress your career at Boddington Bauxite Mine (BBM) and be part of a can-do culture, where we support each other achieve our goals to ensure we can achieve anything together. At BBM we focus on performance by staying safe, growing our performance and having fun.
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of this role is to supervise the execution of operations activities undertaken by front-line operational personnel in line with the operations plan. This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
Boddington This role is based at the Boddington Bauxite Mine located a short drive from the community of Boddington (10 minutes), Pinjarra (50 minutes) and the City of Mandurah (1 hour). As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis.
Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world-famous wineries, you will live and work in one of the most beautiful regions of Western Australia and still be home each night.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Control and Monitor BBM Fixed Plant (crushing and conveying)
- Execute production activities according to the schedule
- Work with physical assets, plant and equipment as defined by the operation standards and operating procedures
- Review and update plans and equipment history and communicate status to appropriate parties
- Review and request updates to work management and other master data as required to achieve timely and accurate execution of work ordersLeadership
- Provide direction to direct reports
- Spend appropriate time in the field to supervise the execution of the operations plan to achieve established KPI targets at a shift and crew level
- Verify production execution employees and contractors adhere to work standards, are competent, and understands the purpose and functionality of critical controls relevant to their work
- Ensure operations activities are conducted safely by competent operations personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures
- Demonstrated capability to successfully lead a team and influence others
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional safety leadership with an ability to identify and eliminate hazards in the workplace
- Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills and the ability to form effective working relationships
- Analytical, problem solving & decision-making skills
- Ability to strategically assign or reassign work, interpreting policy, explaining and providing a framework for projects
- Experience and knowledge of Fixed Plant operations and control systems
- Hold a current ‘C’ class license
- Hold or have the capability to obtain a Certificate IV in Frontline Management
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee
- Worsley Inclusion Network
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 5th of October 2022