Job Type: Full time
South32 is a new kind of resources company built around a single idea: that in a rapidly changing world, we have an opportunity to make a difference from the ground up. We are a globally diversified metals and mining company with a portfolio of high quality, well maintained, cash generative assets. Worsley Alumina is one of the largest and lowest-cost bauxite mining and alumina refining operations in the world. Worsley manages a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and port operations in Western Australia’s Southwest.
Come and progress your career at Boddington Bauxite Mine (BBM) and be part of a can-do culture, where we support each other achieve our goals to ensure we can achieve anything together. At BBM we focus on performance by staying safe, growing our performance and having fun.
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of this role is to execute operations activities through operating equipment as directed by the production supervisor and in accordance with BBM standards and operating procedures.
This role is based at the Boddington Bauxite Mine located a short drive from the community of Boddington (10 minutes), Pinjarra (50 minutes) and the City of Mandurah (1 hour).
Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world-famous wineries, you will live and work in one of the most beautiful regions of Western Australia and still be home each night.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Execute the production mining and/or development activities according to the production plan as directed by the Production Supervisor
- Work with physical assets, plant and equipment as defined by the operations standards and operating procedures
- Adhere to defined standard procedures and apply safe work practices
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all incidents and hazards
- Participation in team discussions
- Appropriate attendance and time management
- Demonstrate commitment to safe work practices and procedures
- Experience/Technical Skills
- Hold a current C class licence
- Demonstrated oral and written English language proficiency
- Meets defined behavioural and safety awareness expectations
- Exposure in the production/mining area. Requires knowledge of activities related to operating mining equipment
- Collaborated with individual internal stakeholders on individual contributor levels
- Experience operating Heavy Mining Equipment will be highly regarded.
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please Note: This advert closes on the 5th of October 2022