Finance Consolidations Specialist
Job Type: Full time
- Great flexible working arrangements
- A diverse role with the opportunity to make a difference
- Be a part of a company that is continuing to grow and evolve
The Opportunity – Permanent full-time position – Located in Perth CBD – Stunning river views!
Reporting to the Group Manager – Finance Reporting & Governance, the purpose of this role is to support the effective management of the South32 Group accounting consolidation system, process and data landscape.
- Execute and ensure the integrity of the accounting consolidation system and process, ensuring integrity of solution and output in accordance with relevant statutory reporting requirements.
- Ensure an effective internal control environment is maintained in relation to the accounting consolidation and that controls are operating effectively throughout the year.
- Trouble-shoot month end, half year and year end finance system issues pertaining to the accounting consolidation and provide on-the-job coaching and training to our reporting groups from around the world.
- Support the finance month end, half year and year end reporting requirements as required.
- Support the Group’s portfolio acquisition and divestment initiatives from an accounting consolidation perspective, ensuring that any changes in the Group’s structure are effectively managed to produce accurate consolidated Group results.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Information Systems or Commerce.
- Post grad qualification (CPA/CA).
- High computer literacy in SAP ECC finance systems and Microsoft Office.
- Existing knowledge of finance system processes, practices and procedures (5yrs +).
- Strong consolidation accounting experience, including foreign/functional currency accounting.
- Demonstrates an ability to influence, communicate and engage with internal and external stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes for the business.
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working arrangements
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Free onsite fitness classes
- Education and career development
- Participation in our employee share plan
- Incentive bonuses
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please note: This advertisement will close on 14th October 2022.