Technician Maintenance Fabricator
Job Type: Full time
About South 32
We are South32. We are making a difference with the work we do. Join us to begin your future.
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. We produce bauxite, alumina, aluminium, energy and metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead and zinc at our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America.
We are also the owner of a high-grade zinc, lead and silver development option in North America and have several partnerships with junior explorers with a focus on base metals.
Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources.
Title: Technician Maintenance Fabricator
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of this role is to safely execute maintenance work within an operation area as per SAP processes, maintenance schedules and work instructions as directed by the Supervisor Maintenance.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes – bus available from Bunbury location only) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to safe work practices and procedures
- Execute work orders as per schedule and relevant work instructions as directed by the supervisor maintenance or superintendent maintenance
- Ensure work is done to the highest standard and history is recorded in SAP notifications for future reference
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all events and hazards and participate in workplace investigations or observations as required
- Actively support and apply the company’s continuous improvement principles to minimize cost, maximize production
- Maintain their welding qualifications as per the Worsley Standard and as per the area specific needs
- Boilermaker Welder Trade certification, Certificate III in Engineering Fabrication Trade (Boiler making/Welding)
- Appropriate AS code for coded welding quals
- Demonstrated written and oral English language proficiency
- C class driver’s license
Technical Skills Required
- Coded welding qualifications – Heavy Wall/Chrome Moly/GTAW
- Power Station Welding/pipe fitting
- High Risk Work License for Forklift (desirable)
- Elevated Work Platform (desirable)
- High Risk Basic Rigging (desirable)
- Accredited Working at Height Training
- Accredited Working in Confined Spaces Training
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant or equivalent role, with experience in the resource sector preferred
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 30th November 2022.