Senior Instrumentation & Controls Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Flexible working arrangements
- World class refinery
- Career progression opportunities
The Opportunity – Senior Instrumentation and Control Engineer – Permanent role – based in Collie in South-West WA
Reporting to the Superintendent Electrical Maintenance A&I, the purpose of the Senior Instrumentation and Control Engineer role is to drive improvements in asset availability and manage asset lifecycle.
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Build effective maintenance tactics and associated documentation on Instruments to align with Asset Care Plan.
- Provide Technical support to Technical and Capital teams on Instrumentation selection and data integrity.
- Lead Electrical Instrumentation projects on Decarbonisation portfolio.
- Lead improvement projects to reduce asset downtime due to Instrument or associated process defects.
- Assist in development of asset reliability performance metrics using delay accounting and breakdowns.
- Assess and action condition-based information for critical equipment.
- Engage with maintenance and production teams to complete defect elimination process and maintenance improvement initiatives.
- Ideally, 10 years as Instrumentation Engineer in Refinery or heavy industry.
- Extensive experience in simple and complex instruments.
- Proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Office.
- Tertiary Qualification in Electrical Engineering
- Eligible for Chartered Membership of Engineers Australia
- Hazardous Area Classification
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 1st December 2022