Senior Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Full time
- Work in a Senior role on world-class refinery
- Beautiful location in the south-west of WA
- Flexible working arrangements
The Opportunity – Senior Electrical Engineer – Collie, South-West WA - Permanent position
The purpose of this role is to maintain the integrity of the Worsley Alumina Blueprint by providing specialised high voltage electrical engineering distribution, generation, electrical power and instrumentation engineering expertise to the operation. Managing modifications and project tasks in accordance with relevant processes, standards and performance targets for HSEC, quality and cost.
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
This role will be offered on a Permanent basis.
This role will be based at our Worsley Alumina Refinery which is a short drive from Collie (15 minutes), Bunbury (35 minutes) and other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
- Provide electrical engineering expertise and consultative support for the Operation and ensure:
o Peer review of engineering change management requests associated with modifications and projects.
o Provision of relevant technical knowledge and input for the development of projects.
o Provision of relevant technical knowledge and support to the Maintenance Analysis & Improvement and Process Technical teams.
o Any Engineering services provided to the operation meet required standards and are aligned to designed/agreed operating principles.
- Develop and maintain asset management plans for critical electrical and instrumentation equipment across the entire South32 Worsley Alumina operation
- Assist with the development of maintenance strategies for new equipment
- Ensure compliance to relevant processes and standards, statutory legislation, Fatal Risk Controls, and Industry, Australian or Government Standards.
- Extensive experience in the asset management of:
o Protection and control
o Industrial power and control equipment
o Distribution equipment
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options and flexible working arrangements
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 1st December 2022