Senior Operator - Refinery Process
Job Type: Full time
- Located at Bunbury Port - Worsley
- Day and night shift roster
- Long term career opportunities
The Opportunity – Senior Operator (Refinery Process) – Bunbury Port location
The purpose of this role is to provide to safely execute production activities according to the schedule and operate the physical assets, plant and equipment as defined by HSEC requirements, the operations standards and operating procedures.
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
This role will be offered on a Permanent basis – Day and night shift roster with shift allowance
This role will be based at our Bunbury Port, Worsley Berth 6 which is in Bunbury and close to other nearby scenic communities.
As there is no accommodation on site, you will be required to drive in, drive out on a daily basis. Employees ideally live within an hour’s drive of Collie.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to safe work practices and procedures
1. Receive handover
2. Receive work assignment
3. Perform routines and escorts
4. Executes work safely
5. Prepare for handover
6. Handover to the next team
- Holds Certificate III in Process Plant Manufacturing or a minimum of 5 years’ experience as an operator in a minerals/oil/gas process plant environment
- Has previously worked in a team and has contributed to projects
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee directly improving our employee experience
- Worsley Inclusion Network leading change initiatives across Worsley Alumina to increase Inclusion and Diversity in our workplace
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group working closely with our First Nations employees and community members to increase First Nations representation across Worsley Alumina.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 7th December 2022