Technician Electrical Instrument
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce commodities including bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead, zinc and copper from our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
Come and progress your career at Boddington Bauxite Mine (BBM) and be part of a can-do culture, where we support each other achieve our goals to ensure we can achieve anything together. At BBM we focus on performance by staying safe, growing our performance and having fun.
Title: Technician Electrical Instrumentation
Are you looking to be home every night? If so, this is your opportunity to live, work and play a short drive from stunning coastlines, scenic trails and the food and wine heartland of the west.
Located in the picturesque south-west and Peel regions of Western Australia, South32 Worsley Alumina is on a journey to become the world’s leading Alumina producer where our 1500 workforce value the lifestyle that Worsley Alumina has to offer.
Our integrated Bauxite Mine, Alumina Refinery and Port Operation is creating the essential products needed for a sustainable low carbon future.
The purpose of this role is to safely execute the maintenance and refurbishment of all electrical and instrumental equipment as per SAP processes, maintenance schedules and work instructions as directed by the Supervisor Maintenance
Boddington This role is based at the Boddington Bauxite Mine located a short drive from the community of Boddington (10 minutes), Pinjarra (50 minutes) and the City of Mandurah (1 hour). This is a DIDO position as there is no accommodation on site.
Surrounded by magnificent jarrah forests, pristine beaches and world-famous wineries, you will live and work in one of the most beautiful regions of Western Australia and still be home each night.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to safe work practices and procedures
- Ensure compliance to the SAP process for work execution and capture related transactional data into the SAP system
- Execute work as per schedule and relevant work instructions associated with the work orders to a high level of maintenance quality
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Initiates updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate ad relevant to equipment as per the SAP process
- Ensure adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Ensure returns of unused or reparable materials are processed accurately
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all events and hazards and participate in work place investigations or observations as required
- Review and request updates to Work Management and other Master Data as required.
- WA ‘A’ electrical license
- Current ‘C’ class driver’s license
- Demonstrated written and oral English language proficiency
- High voltage switching operator
- High risk workers license – FL,WP
- Certificate IV in Instrumentation
- 2 years’ experience in a relevant or equivalent role, with experience in a large-scale refinery preferred
- Requires detailed knowledge of tasks related to maintaining industrial processing equipment
- All types of instrumentation including control valves and positioners, variable speed drives, PLC and DCS systems and high voltage assets
As part of the Worsley Alumina team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salaries including Short-Term Incentive Bonus
- Additional employer superannuation contributions which depend on the level of employee contributions you choose.
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Company supported volunteering leave and opportunities across communities in the South-West
- Novated lease and salary sacrifice options
- Exclusive employee discounts including health insurance, technology and travel.
At Worsley Alumina, our people are key to unlocking the potential of our operation and becoming the world’s leading Alumina producer.
If you value and care for your colleagues and families, enjoy a culture of trust and togetherness and have a desire for excellence to safely produce the products of the future, then we would love to hear from you.
As an employee, you can help shape the future of our operation through our:
- Worsley Workforce Committee
- Worsley Inclusion Network
- Reconciliation Action Plan Working Group
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is not a requirement of employment at South32 Worsley Alumina.
Please note: This advertisement will close on the 8th December 2022.