Senior Asset Engineer
Job Type: Full time
In this role, you would work at Cannington Mine. The operation is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, it boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometers west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
We provide on-site accommodation including meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities.
About the role
Reporting to Asset Management Superintendent, you will provide technical leadership for asset management and reliability at Cannington while supporting compliance to the South32 Asset Management Standard. Provide direction and leadership for the Asset Engineering Team, ensuring Asset Care Plans are continuously improved to optimise asset value and reduce risk.
The role is a permanent position on a straight 4/3 roster, Fly-in/Fly-out from Townsville or Brisbane or Drive-in/Drive-out from Mount Isa with an incredible work-life balance as you will be able to work 50% of the time from home!
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Visibly lead safe behaviour, coaching workers in safe behaviours and routines including Workplace Interactions, TAKE5s and control management activities
- Develop and manage the strategic asset management plan (SAMP);
- Manage the Operational Readiness Project Portfolio for the operation
- Identify process gaps and/or improvements that will sustain asset management practices;
- Prioritise problems and/or improvements based on data;
- Perform complex reliability analysis, including reliability block diagram, RAM, LCC and others to execute improvements;
- Able to work as part of a team;
- Proactive in identifying and resolving problems and/or improvements opportunities;
- Analytical thinking;
- Results driven;
- The ability to work unsupervised and find solutions
- Highly skilled in the use of qualitative reliability techniques, such as root cause analysis (Kepner-Trigoe, Apollo, etc.), FMEA and others;
- Great team working environment
- Excellent company culture
- Competitive Renumeration package
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Incentive bonuses
- Additional employer superannuation contributions
- Flexible working from home roster
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South 32.
Please note this job advert will close on 02nd February 2023.