Operator Auto Electrician
Job Type: Full time
Cannington is one of the world's largest and lowest-cost producers of silver and lead. Located in northwest Queensland, Cannington boasts an underground mine and processing facility situated approximately 800 kilometers west of Townsville and a concentrate handling facility at the Port of Townsville.
Cannington mine provides on-site accommodation including meal services, as well as sporting and gym facilities.
About the role
Maintain and repair surface and underground mobile mining equipment in a safe and efficient manner as per work management process, maintenance schedules and work instructions to achieve the desired operational requirement.
Reporting to the Supervisor Maintenance Mobile, the role is being offered on a permanent basis, on a 7:7 roster, FIFO from Townsville or Cairns.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate commitment and conformance to safe work practices and procedures
- Ensure compliance to the SAP process for work execution and capture related transactional data into the SAP system
- Execute work orders as per schedule and relevant work instructions as directed by the supervisor maintenance or superintendent maintenance
- Ensure work is done to the highest standard and history is recorded in SAP notifications for future reference
- Provide input into root cause analysis and subsequent resolution of issues affecting equipment reliability
- Ensure adequate scoping of corrective work to facilitate the planning process
- Initiate updates to work procedures to ensure they are accurate and relevant to equipment as per the SAP process
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all events and hazards and participate in workplace investigations or observations as required
- Review and request updates to work management and other master data as required
- Actively support and apply the company’s continuous improvement principles to minimize cost, maximize production
- Successful completion of an Automotive Electrical Apprenticeship and holds a nationally recognized trade certification
- Demonstrated written and oral English language proficiency
- Above average diagnostic skills and fault finding
- Able to work well in a team environment or by yourself
- Proficient in reading electrical schematics
It would be great if you also have:
- High Risk Work License for forklift
- High Risk Dogman License
- Overhead Crane
- High Risk Basic rigging
- At least 2 years exposure on performing preventative maintenance, repairs and component change outs on Caterpillar, Sandvik, Epiroc Underground Mining equipment
- Experience using CAT, SIS and ET systems
- Experience with SAP computer program advantageous
- Great team working environment
- Excellent company culture
- Competitive Renumeration package
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Participation in the Employee Share Plan
- Incentive bonuses
- Additional employer superannuation contributions
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
If you're good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you're the best at what you do, come work at South 32.
Please note this job advert will close on 07th February 2023.