Mobile Maintenance Supervisor
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is a South32 Company, the operation is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
This role is being offered as residential on Groote Eylandt or as FIFO from Darwin or Cairns on a 7:7 roster.
About the role
This is a permanent role, reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent, the purpose of this role is to lead a mobile maintenance crew and ensure maintenance activities on the mobile equipment fleet are safely executed against schedules, plans and specified standards.
- Verify maintenance execution employees and contractors adhere to work standards, are competent, and understand the purpose and functionality of critical controls relevant to their work.
- Ensure maintenance activities are conducted safely by competent personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures.
- Ensure that critical controls are implemented and effective. Verification activities are conducted as per requirement
- Lead a maintenance execution team and promote operating discipline related to SAP work management processes
- Ensure timely updates of resource work centre capacity data to enable effective scheduling
- Plan and allocate labour and equipment resources to effectively execute all work activities
- Provide input into the development of maintenance work strategies
- Manage the planning and execution of unplanned work and the rescheduling of the existing work orders as required
- Spend appropriate time in field to supervise the execution of the production plan to achieve established performance targets at a shift or crew level.
- Ensure MOS processes are adhered to
The ideal candidate will need to have the following:
- Relevant and recognised trade or tertiary qualification
- Holds a relevant QMS 1,2,3 qualification
- Knowledge of supervisory methods and techniques
- Proficiency of SAP’s maintenance planning and scheduling functionality
- Previous experience in mining maintenance activities, operations and the maintenance of Caterpillar, Hitachi, Sandvik mobile equipment
- Experience at supervisory level (desirable) with a demonstrated capability to successfully lead a team, influence others and performance manage a team
- You will be part of a full time, dedicated Maintenance Services Team
- Competitive salary and annual bonus scheme
- FIFO from Darwin/Cairns or Residential on Groote Eylandt
- Family friendly roster – 7x7 D/N
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Ongoing training, education and career development
- Excellent facilities including gym, beachside workout area, swimming pool, golf course, tennis and squash courts, sports oval and scenic walking track.
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate.
South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please note this job advert will close Tuesday 7th February 2023.