Job Type: Full time
Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Our Splunk Family in Australia/ New Zealand are a results driven and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have an excellent team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our team in Sydney. At Splunk, we are passionate, and we are looking for an engineer who is motivated and passionate too! This role is all about writing the best software and delivering innovative enhancements for our customers. We are looking for an engineer who works best in a team, is eager to learn and can identify and diagnose problems in large bodies of complex code. In this team at Splunk, we work to continually improve the product based on requirements and defects reported by Support, Customer Success and Field Organisations. We work in Australia and around the world to deliver fixes to customer with rapid turnaround time and high quality. Are you ready to start your career with Splunk?
Here’s a taste of what you will do
- Implement major features identified through our program of work.
- Implement minor enhancements as requested by customers from requirements gathering through delivery.
- Investigate and implement fix to resolve product defects in the server components in an efficient and responsive manner.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across different locations including global engineering, support, escalation managers, and QA.
- A degree in a computer science related area.
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer in developing and troubleshooting multi-threaded server applications.
- Experience in C++ and python coding languages.
- Experience with git.
- Strong analytical mindset and experience debugging and troubleshooting including use of tools.
- An understanding of network communication and protocols e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP would be a plus.
- Experience with sustaining and maintenance of enterprise software is highly desired.
- Demonstrate passion towards customer success.
You may have worked on:
- A project around the areas of big data, searching and statistical modelling
- Maintenance of enterprise software.
- Indexing, ingesting and searching of big data.
What we provide
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers , all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest. We are a collaborative team that understands the value in open communication—it's how we interact with our customers.
- Balance . We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to be successful outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun . We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
- Remote working . We believe that working remotely actually enhances productivity!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.