Desktop Support Analyst
Job Type: Full time
Splunk IT is looking for a Sydney based IT Support Desktop Support Analyst who is accustomed to providing the highest level of in-person, and remote support to our Employees. You will thrive in an environment that appeals to your self-sufficient and resourceful nature, while working closely with your counterparts to provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems (Windows and Mac), hardware, and software. Service Desk Analysts are responsible for responding to queries, completing diagnostic triage, isolating problems as well as providing and implementing sound solutions. The individual will also be responsible for updating asset tracking systems throughout the cycle of IT assets being received, or deployed, and evolve practices based on insight gained through auditing to meet compliance requirements.
- Support the local Splunk staff based in the Sydney office, as well as, staff throughout the rest of Australia/New Zealand and the broader APAC region.
- Assist new hires during the onboarding process to ensure their IT-issued equipment functions as planned, as well as, providing basic introductions to Splunk IT services.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Resolve technical problems in partnership with the broader IT Ops team with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and WIFI.
- Write training materials: How-To documents, FAQ’s, etc.
- Be the hands of Corporate IT for Server and Network issues
- Respond to queries either in person, on the phone or via email
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Triage problems by asking appropriate questions to determine the nature of the problem.
- Follow up with end-users to ensure issues have been resolved.
- Provision laptops (Mac and PC) and install computer peripherals as needed for new employees and laptop refresh programs.
- Image, configure, pack, and ship computers for new starters in remote offices
- Be responsible for providing break/fix services to Splunk assets including, but not limited to Apple devices, PCs, mobile devices.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Generate reports on inventory levels as needed, working with other regional team members to ensure accurate asset management practices are in place and followed.
- 2+ years' experience of providing desktop support
- 2+ years' experience in fixing hardware as well as software installations
- 1+ year' experience in supporting Gmail and Gsuite in an enterprise environment
- Maintaining & Troubleshooting corporate PCs, Macs, AV equipment, printers, faxes, and phone system
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written at all levels of an organization up to and including executive level management
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive, and may be eligible for benefits and equity.