Job Type: Full time
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. We’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 800 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look: https://responsiblegambling.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us
Sportsbet is committed to ensuring we create employment opportunities that suit your lifestyle. We’re open to discussing how this role might be performed in a part-time basis
Key Perks include:
- Competitive salary package
- Generous performance-based bonus
- $850 work from home office allowance
- 5 weeks paid annual leave
- Hybrid flexible work environment
- A range of exciting soft benefits
- A genuinely fun and exciting place to work
About the role
As a Domain Architect you are responsible for the architecture that guides the future technical direction of the relevant business domain. You will have a deep understanding of the business objectives and goals for that domain and use your knowledge of the technical landscape and the technology industry to set the architectural direction.
Close collaboration with architects and technical leaders will enable the creation of a common strategic vision that drives decision making for the domain. This vision will be supported by a solid architectural foundation of principles, standards and guidelines that become a reference for design and a pillar for governance.
You will work closely with the solution architects and business analysts in the domain to ensure the domain is clearly represented architecturally from current state to future state and that proposed solutions are compatible with the future direction.
You will represent your domain, its concerns and needs, across all requisite forums both technical and non-technical. You will have at your fingertips the current state architecture and the future architectural vision and be able to clearly describe its intent and value to stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds.
This is a hands-on architectural role and to complement the strategic objectives of the role you will also be comfortable filling the role of a solution architect as the need arises
- Work with technical architects and business stakeholders to set the target state architecture for the domain
- Ensure a consistent strategic story across all solution architectures in the domain
- Pursue alignment with strategic direction as set by Technical Domain Architects
- Lead key strategic technical investigations for the domain
- Identify and promote technical that support domain objectives and strategies
- Outline and promote the principles, standards and guidelines that will underpin technology direction for that domain
- Challenge and pressure test proposed solutions to ensure they meet objectives in an architecturally sound, pragmatic and strategically aware way.
- Lead, drive and define architectural solutions for portfolio initiatives
- 5+ years experience in multiple technical domains
- 3+ years experience in an architectural role
- Experience using modern architectural approaches, practices and artefacts.
- Expertise across multiple architectural domains (e.g app, integration, data, physical)
- Experienced in all stages of a product, platform or systems lifecycle
- Experience with packaged and bespoke solutions
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- Ability to see the long game and apply a strategic mindset to problem-solving
- Ability to link and connect concepts across different initiatives
- Comfortable working with both abstract concepts and concrete designs
- Able to probe and evaluate technical solutions
- Technically ambitious with a dash of pragmatism
We don’t expect you to do all this for free, so along with a very competitive salary we will also provide you with:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays)
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
- Genuine flexible working and remote working policy
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets and many more
- Best in class Parental Leave program with six months paid leave for Primary Carers
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are.
If this all sounds good, then we can’t wait to connect with you… so please apply now!