Lead Engineer - Cloud
Job Type: Full time
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over-delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. We’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 800 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look: https://responsiblegambling.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us
About the team
While Sportsbet is known for its fun culture- we define "fun" by combining intelligent people with impressive tech. Together, we're a tight knit group that has each other's back. We enjoy working in an incredibly accommodating environment that's more focused on quality of work than tracking hours. Given our market share in Australia, we're in the rare industry that's growing abundantly - meaning we work on challenging projects that we get to own end-to-end. With a newly invested in tech stack, each of our team members play a critical role in delivery, without a lot of red tape.
About the role
You’re qualified and experienced in all things cloud. More than that, you have and want to stay at the forefront of distributed computing. Keeping Sportsbet at the forefront of cloud technology, you will be a technical expert on the cloud with autonomy to make decisions and set the technical direction for our cloud computing efforts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead research and implementation of emerging AWS technologies
- All solutions perform at their optimum levels and systems are instrumented to alert within set tolerance levels
- A commitment to best practices. We’ll want your expert opinion on things like operational processes, DevOps, deployment checklists.
- You will work with our business development teams to design best practice AWS solutions for new products
- Any opportunity to provide a self-service capability to your stakeholders is welcomed.
- You will be a trusted partner in the development of new product seeing solutions delivered from inception to live.
- You will deliver solutions that comply with the company patterns and standards.
- All solutions developed remain secure and are compliant with company standards.
- Stay abreast of the ever-evolving security landscape and ensure deployed solutions remain secure.
- Stay abreast with current opportunities to enhance our cloud offering.
- Ability to develop code to automate all things cloud.
- Continually develop your ability to grow and learn new technologies and impart your knowledge to the broader technology teams.
- Experience with AWS services such as ECS, ECR, EC2, IAM, S3, Cognito, RDS, System Manager, Lambda, Secrets Manager, Parameter Store
- Working knowledge of networking within AWS and services like VPC, Route 53, Transit Gateway, Security Groups etc
- Experience in developing CI/CD pipeline with Jenkins, GitHub actions, Docker, Ansible, CloudFormation (YAML), Gradle, Cakebuild or similar tools.
- Experience with streaming platforms like RabbitMQ and Kafka (both self-hosted and MSK)
- General understanding of Linux, Bash scripts and Powershell/Windows.
We work hard and play hard, so along with a very competitive salary and generous performance-based bonus, we will also provide you with:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays!)
- Genuine flexible working and remote working policy with an $850 work from home office allowance
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets and many more
- Access to Headspace App and an employee assist program
- Best in class Parental Leave program with six months paid leave for Primary Carers and Circle In membership
- Free merch including t-shirts, SB branded coffee keep cups (Frank Green might we add) and much more!
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are- that’s why we assess behaviours, learning agility and expertise to ensure all types of experiences are considered for our roles. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review candidates with 2-3 weeks of advertising.
Ready to bring excitement to life? Apply now