Head of Safer Gambling
Job Type: Full time
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over-delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7,000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. As part of the Flutter Group, we’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 1,000 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look:
About the role
Sportsbet’s Customer Sustainability Function exists to drive category leading customer safety and integrity experiences to ensure the business has the most sustainable customer base for generations to come.
This high profiled function within the Customer & People Department comprises of the following functions:
- Customer Integrity: Customer AML/CTF and Fraud capability
- Customer Behaviour and Care: Responsible Gambling Operations Team
- Sustainability Strategy and Performance: A strategy, delivery and performance improvement team coupled with a customers resolutions (i.e. complaints and disputes) capability.
The Head of Safer Gambling is responsible for leading a team of SG specialists in their daily operations across our prevention and detection strategies. The Head of Safer Gambling is a key player in advancing the development and maturity of Sportsbet’s “responsible gambling” agenda to support the organisation’s materially larger customer base and future growth ambitions. This includes our operating model, tool adoption, customer engagement, and communications. Ensuring the team are well equipped to make sound and defendable decisions in relation to customer and staff gambling harm minimisation.
Furthermore, the Head of will pay a critical role in advancing the sustainability of the Sportsbet relationship with its customers and creating trust in Sportsbet and our industry.
We’re looking for an inspiring and energetic leader with a passion for change. In addition;
- You have a customer first attitude and constantly strive to improve customers’ experience.
- You are able to connect operational and strategic outcomes through systems thinking
- You have an ability to create vision for your function beyond the current state
- You question the status quo and look at things in new ways to drive innovation.
- You value and encourage other’s expertise, efforts and ideas and provide support when things don’t always go as planned.
- You challenge yourself to do things differently & go the extra mile to overdeliver on excitement.
- You are passionate about learning and adapting to continually improve.
- You work hard, you don’t take yourself too seriously and you have fun along the way!
We work hard and play hard, so along with a very competitive salary and generous performance-based bonus, we will also provide you with:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays!)
- Genuine flexible working policy with an $500 work from home office allowance
- Best in class Parental Leave program with 6 months paid leave for Primary Carers and Circle In membership
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets
- TV screens in the office constantly playing live sports, matches and races
- Weekly concierge service including free massages, manicure/nail appointments and soon to be barber – all onsite!
- Daily fresh fruit, sparkling water and Kombucha on tap FREE in the office (did we mention we have a bar fridge for Thursday night drinks!?)
- Access to Headspace App and an employee assist program
- Free merch!
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are- that’s why we assess behaviours, learning agility and expertise to ensure all types of experiences are considered for our roles.
Be sure to check out our Life@Sportsbet Instagram page, Life@Sportsbet LinkedIn page as well our careers website for more information and insight into our culture. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review candidates within 1-2 weeks of advertising.
Ready to bring excitement to life? Apply now