Risk & Compliance Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over-delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7,000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. As part of the Flutter Group, we’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 1100 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look: https://responsiblegambling.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us
About the role
The Marketing Compliance Specialist is a fixed term 12 Month position and plays a critical role in ensuring that our advertising and promotion content deployed across TV, Radio, Display, Pay per Clicks, Affiliates and Social Media meet our State and Federal marketing and advertising regulatory requirements.
The Specialist will drive compliance related activities including control testing across our Marketing and Customer Engagement Functions. The Specialist will partner with those functions to continuously review, enhance and finetune our systems and processes to support Sportsbet in complying with its various regulatory obligations. The Specialist also plays a critical role in driving uplift initiatives required to ensure compliance with regulatory change.
The Specialist will directly interface with the Risk & Compliance Business Partner and members of the Legal Team by seeking legal and compliance advice on the behalf of Marketing and Customer Engagement as it relates to the advertising, promotions and campaigns. The Specialist is then responsible for translating such advice into direction and guidelines which can be operationalised by those front-line functions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct periodic reviews and testing of those controls to ensure they have been consistently applied and performing at scale across the various channels and campaign and promotion types
- Maintain and evolve a marketing, advertising and outbound communications Compliance Plan which articulates in plain-English all of the State and Federal regulatory obligations that must be met and the underlying operational controls relied on to prevent and/or detect instances of non-compliance
- Provide assurance and confirmation that campaigns and promotions meet the relevant marketing and advertising regulatory obligations prior to going live
- Provide assurance and confirmation that extracts of customers have been generated accurately and do not include customers who should be excluded from receiving outbound contact prior to being uploaded into our CRM and other systems
- Conduct periodic reviews and testing of SQL scripts to ensure appropriate standardisation, accuracy and effectiveness
- Represent Marketing and Customer Engagement in seeking advice or direction from Legal and/or Risk & Compliance on marketing, advertising and outbound communication matters
- Coordinate and/or develop and rollout ongoing targeted compliance training to Marketing and Customer Engagement Teams
Regulatory acumen, growth mindset and strong attention to detail and accuracy serves the Specialist well in this high profiled, dynamic role.
You also will have:
- A proactive, hands-on delivery style, including preparing and socializing compliance related dashboards and other materials
- Proactive relationship management and consultation / collaboration skills across key departmental stakeholders
- Learning orientation and proactive self-reflection and willingness to explore and trial new ways of working and delivery styles
- Energetic and engaging presentation style and written skills
- Ability to manage and deliver multiple priorities simultaneously and proactive upwards management regarding status, capacity and scheduling conflicts
- 5+ years’ experience in Compliance capacity, preferably in Marketing & Advertising
- Demonstrated experience in control advisory, assurance or audit.
- Track record of preparing and delivering compliance materials that influence senior stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, business, marketing and/or information systems
We work hard and play hard, so along with a very competitive salary and generous performance-based bonus, we will also provide you with:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays!)
- Genuine flexible working and remote working policy with an $850 work from home office allowance
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets
- Access to our employee assist program
- Best in class Parental Leave program with six months paid leave for Primary Carers and Circle In membership
- Daily fresh fruit, sparkling water and Kombucha on tap FREE in the office (did we mention we have a bar fridge for Thursday night drinks!?)
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are- that’s why we assess behaviours, learning agility and expertise to ensure all types of experiences are considered for our roles. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review candidates within 2-3 weeks of advertising.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion
Be sure to check out our Life@Sportsbet Instagram page, Sportsbet LinkedIn page as well our careers website for more information and insight into our culture. We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Ready to bring excitement to life? Apply now: