Head of Internal Audit
Job Type: Full time
Sportsbet's purpose is to bring excitement to life for its customers and we do this by over-delivering on excitement through serious fun, disrupting the status quo and living our values. We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer with over 7,000 cool, clever and curious people around the world. As part of the Flutter Group, we’re a global player, but in Melbourne, Sydney and Darwin we’re tight knit, with 1100 of us bringing excitement to life every day.
Our commitment to responsible gambling is genuine and demonstrated through the wide range of responsible gambling initiatives and tools – take a look: https://responsiblegambling.sportsbet.com.au/hc/en-us
About the role
Flutter Entertainment’s Internal Audit function is a Group-wide function responsible for delivering the annual internal audit plan, promoting effective internal controls and risk management and providing guidance to the business on all aspects of internal audit, governance, risk management and business process improvements.
Our Audit team currently comprises of over 30 Auditors with diverse experience and skills and is well diversified in relation to gender, ethnicity and knowledge. We have a focus and commitment to value every member's contribution.
An opportunity has arisen for a Head of Internal Audit to join the team. This individual will support the Flutter Group Director of Internal Audit in leading a team of auditors in the delivery of audits in Sportsbet and sit on the Internal Audit Leadership team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Takes ownership of the business audit planning, including preparation of key documents, leading stakeholder meetings and performing risk analysis work for International, UK&I and Group Functions divisions
- Supporting submissions to the Audit Committee and addressing their queries
- Accountability for leading a team of two auditors delivering the divisional audit plan across a variety of topics, including compliance, operational and IT audits
- Suggesting beneficial changes to audit methodologies and procedures
- Leading audits where data analytics is a key element of the review
- Monitoring management's responses and implementation of agreed management actions
- Working as a partner to the business in identifying significant process and structure improvements to assist the business in meeting its corporate objectives
- Takes ownership of Divisional ExCo relationships
- Providing value-adding advice and expertise on various aspects of risk management to all departments within the Group
We’re looking for a highly motivated and proactive professional with a customer first attitude who is constantly striving to improve customers’ experience. You will also:
- Question the status quo and look at things in new ways to drive innovation
- Have12+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in planning, managing, and delivering audits from Big 4 or similar
- Good understanding of IT Audit principles and standards
- Ability to influence change at all levels of management, particularly at a senior level
- Advanced ability to identify issues and associated risks and provide practical solutions to a wide range of audit issues
- Can clearly communicate data and analytics to both data and non-data savvy stakeholders in the context of the business
- Advanced understanding of internal controls, including proper design and implementation
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to delivering quality results in line with audit timelines
We work hard and play hard, so along with a very competitive salary and generous performance-based bonus, we will also provide you with:
- 25 days annual leave (a whole extra week of holidays!)
- Genuine flexible working and remote working policy with an $850 work from home office allowance
- Discounted gym memberships, free breakfast and loads of event and conference tickets
- Access to our employee assist program
- Best in class Parental Leave program with six months paid leave for Primary Carers and Circle In membership
- Daily fresh fruit, sparkling water and Kombucha on tap FREE in the office (did we mention we have a bar fridge for Thursday night drinks!?)
- Tailored career development programs, as well as a commitment to developing Thought Leader and Specialist Talent programs
We’re a flexible, progressive, open-minded, and inclusive employer who welcomes you for who you are, as you are- that’s why we assess behaviours, learning agility and expertise to ensure all types of experiences are considered for our roles. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we review candidates within 2-3 weeks of advertising.
If you require adjustments to the recruitment process, please email email@example.com for a confidential discussion
Be sure to check out our Life@Sportsbet Instagram page, Sportsbet LinkedIn page as well our careers website for more information and insight into our culture. We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Ready to bring excitement to life? Apply now: